What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is competent at running the business.
When people change jobs or work units, they are made to feel right at home.
You can count on people to cooperate.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Reliance Partners to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Reliance Partners is a full-service insurance agency offering sales and service of commercial insurance products. The company is focused on several industries, most notably the transportation insurance space. This includes trucking, 3PL, freight forwarding, and warehousing insurance.
About this Company
| Website: www.reliancepartners.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37402|| US Sites: 5|
| Major Locations: Birmingham, Alabama, 35242; Des Plaines, Illinois, 60018; Buffalo, New York, 14127; Victoria, Texas, 77902|| US Employees: 66|
| US Revenues: $5.1 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $5.1 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked Reliance Partners to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: We have a program to reimburse employees incrementally for our gym based on utilization by the employee (number of visits per month)
- Technology: We have incentives for employees as they progress through their advancement road map where they can earn the ability to receive company issued technology and additional perks
- Sales & Service Contest: We run contests throughout each month for sales and service relative to different benchmarks and goals.
- Quarterly Bonus Incentives: We have quarterly incentives for our customer service team directly tied to several different KPI's.
- Intramural Sports: Reliance Partners has active intramural teams for kickball, soccer, basketball, bowling, and golf.
- Fantasy Insurance League: Think fantasy football, except for insurance - We utilize this to motivate sales reps and create a fun competition among our different sales teams.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 40% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 50% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 18 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 13 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (6% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Convenience store with health food options, catered lunches, valet parking, fitness center on site, & happy hour on Friday)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $18,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $6,500 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Senior Vice President Leads environmental impact team|
| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Senior Vice President oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- 6 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
How to Get Hired
We asked Reliance Partners for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have an entrepreneurial side and are ready to join a fast growing and always evolving company. Some of the skill sets we must commonly find in our prospects include:
Ability to multi-task
Bilingual (a major plus)
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Follow-up is everything in our interview process. We love to see how much candidates want to be part of our team. The ability to write a simple thank you or sending a short email goes a long way. We are a service business and need team members who are thorough and who excel in communication.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking for additional bilingual candidates to join our sales and customer service teams,
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
| 28 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 38% Job Growth|
| 10 Average applicants per opening|| 230 Total job applicants|
| 80% New hires by employee referrals|| 7% Openings filled by current employees|
| 7 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|