What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Passion for science and its ability to improve human lives motivates employees at Regeneron. Regeneron is a biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines for patients around the world.
About this Company
| Website: www.regeneron.com|| Industry: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals|
| US Headquarters: Tarrytown, New York|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Rensselaer, New York|| US Employees: 5,500|
| US Revenues: $4,860 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $4,860 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 5,500|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: REGN|| Founded: 1988|
Perks and Programs
We asked Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Day One Stock Options: All Regeneron employees are invested in company success when they are granted stock options on their first day of employment.
- Science Poster Day: Designed as a way to share and “talk science,” Science Poster Day draws hundreds of employees together to hear our scientists share their unique perspectives and knowledge. As we like to say: “Science drives our business and passion drives our science.”
- Cheesy Hawaiian Shirt Day: What started as an idea to beat the winter blues has turned into a much-loved tradition during which hundreds of employees show up to work in their best cheesy Hawaiian shirt. Aloha!
- A Week Off at Christmas: Every year, Regeneron closes the week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve so employees can celebrate with their families and friends without using vacation days.
- Free Gourmet Coffee & Smoothies: Iced cold brew? Vanilla latte? Strawberry smoothie? Our employees can enjoy complementary coffee and smoothies from Coffee Labs, open daily on our main campus. We also have weekly visits from the ice cream truck in the summer, and the hot cider and donuts truck in winter.
- Regeneron Science Talent Search: We’re thrilled to be the new sponsor of the nation’s most prestigious science research competition for high school seniors and to continue our work developing the next generation of scientists. For us, it’s personal. Our CEO and our Chief Scientific Officer competed in STS in the 1970s.
- Six Flags on Us: Employees at our product supply facility in Rensselaer, New York, hold their company picnic at Six Flags Amusement Park, with free tickets for them and their families.
- Doing Well by Doing Good: Our unique science and technology capabilities let us join in the fight against pressing world health issues such as Zika, Ebola, and Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome. It’s in our DNA at Regneron to “Do well by doing good.”
- Lab Warmings: Since the number of employees at Regeneron continues to grow, we’ve dedicated specific times throughout the year to open our research labs to the entire company for a Regeneron style open house, offering tours, demonstrations, food, conversations with colleagues, and groundbreaking science.
- Slimmy Awards: As part of our continuous improvement culture at our product supply facility in Rensselaer, New York, we love hearing employees' suggestions and ideas. In fact, we have an entire department who evaluates and implements employees' ideas for improvement. For suggestions that are implemented, winners get a front row parking spot and tons of internal recognition.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 4% of an employee's salary||76% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 76% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 76% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $7,700 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Stock options to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
- Weight watchers meetings
- Dry cleaning
- Free beverages during the day
- Massage therapy
- Fitness classes
- Hair salon
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 35 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 13 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|30 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Elder care resources
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Fitness center (at some locations)
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $617,489 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 4 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
If the following resonates with a prospective employee, Regeneron will most likely be a good fit. We call them our REGN 5: Science drives our business and passion drives our science. We are a select team. You will be challenged. Every day. “That’s the way we’ve always done it,” is the wrong answer. We won’t let bureaucracy block good ideas.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
A great candidate would say something like: 'I want to work with people and on projects that challenge me every day', 'I am motivated by scientific discovery focused on improving patients' lives.' or 'Turning science into medicine isn’t just something 'I do', it’s a passion I can’t explain.'
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We continue to build out every part of Regeneron both domestically and globally. Check out careers.regeneron.com for open roles!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
You've read this far! Go ahead and stay in touch with us on Linkedin or navigate to careers.regeneron.com and see what jobs are open!
| 1,000 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 15% Job Growth|
| 42 Average applicants per opening|| 84,173 Applications received|
| 18% New hires by employee referrals|| 354 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 187 New graduates hired|
| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 7% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|