What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Regal Entertainment Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We operate one of the leading and most geographically diverse theatre circuits in the United States, consisting of 7,379 screens in 566 theatres in 43 states along with Guam, Saipan, American Samoa and the District of Columbia as of June 30, 2017.
About this Company
| Website: www.regmovies.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Knoxville, Tennessee, 37918|| US Sites: 569|
| Major Locations: Knoxville, Tennessee; Las Vegas, Nevada; San Antonio, Texas|| US Employees: 25,543|
| US Revenues: $3,200 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $3,200 million|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: RGC|
| Founded: 1989|
Perks and Programs
We asked Regal Entertainment Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Free Movies & Discounted Concessions: At Regal we have a passion for our product, we love the shared experience of watching a great film on the big screen. Therefore, we allow all of our staff and their guests to see a free movie each day and get half off concessions.
- Regal Short Film Showdown: Regal hosts an internal short film competition every year. With a company full of movie fanatics, we allow the entire company to screen the top films and vote for their favorite. The top 6 directors get their own red-carpet event to invite friends and family to watch their movie in their home theatre on the big screen. The top 3 directors join our corporate team on a trip to Las Vegas to CinemaCon, an industry expo for upcoming movie releases.
- MVP Program: Regal Entertainment Group's Most Valuable Performer program or MVP program is an employee rewards program designed to recognize non-management cast members who go ABOVE and BEYOND in their daily efforts to exceed our guests’ expectations, for their efforts put forth toward our mission statement, and displaying a true sense of team work. As we reward our guests with our loyalty program, the MVP program rewards our valued staff. The rewards include movie memorabilia, ability to create your own schedule, a day off with pay and the Cast Member and three friends can see a movie of their choice - plus the entire group receives the employee concessions discount.
- Star Performer Award: Regal Entertainment Group proudly showcases a selected employee each month in every theatre who best embodies our company spirit. This employee is presented a monetary award and recognized with a Star Performer pin, and showcased on the Star Performer of the Month wall plaque.
- Rising Star Award: Regal Entertainment Group Managers who go above and beyond in all aspects of their daily duties are eligible for the Rising Star Award. These managers are selected quarterly from each district and awarded with a monetary bonus and a statue of their achievement.
- Party Room Discount: We think birthday parties are a very memorable event when at the movies. We allow our staff to utilize the party rooms for free.
- Corporate Internship: Regal believes that our field managers have the best knowledge about our theaters, therefore the internship program is essential to know how to improve the company. Up to 12 field managers, part time or full time, join the corporate office for the entire summer to work. Regal covers the cost of travel to the corporate office, rental car, gas, and hotel expenses. The manager is also compensated while working. In addition to working in a particular department, the interns are invited to lunch and dinner by executives, vice presidents and directors, in order to obtain their thoughts on how the company is being operated.
- Management Scholarship: Regal offers 150 scholarships to our field management each year. The scholarship requirements include an essay question on how the manager has established an initiative or program at the theatre level that builds employee engagement.
- Promotion Bonus: Regal Entertainment Group proudly promotes from within. When doing this our Cast Members may struggle with adapting to the management dress code. Therefore, Regal provides the new first-time manager with a $400 bonus to purchase new professional attire.
- Perfect Performance: At Regal Entertainment Group, we strive to always provide a perfect performance for each and every guest. A vitally important verification that we are achieving this goal is our monthly Blind Check program. Whenever a location receives a 100% Blind Check, the General Manager will earn a ½ day off of their choosing (including Saturday) for each perfect score. In addition, if an Assistant and/or Associate Manager is identified by name or description as the manager on duty during a perfect 100% Blind Check, the named manager will receive a $100 bonus to recognize their commitment to excellence and perfect performance at their location.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||82% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
How to Get Hired
We asked Regal Entertainment Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
REG searches for candidates that will believe in our vision statement: to bring people together through the power of entertainment. To achieve this, we believe a candidate must understand the entertainment and collective escapism we aspire to offer to all of our guests and which is only attainable through the movie going experience.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
REG searches for a candidate who matches our passion for our product. We love watching movies, and watching them on the big screen is the best way to experience that. If a candidate smiles and loves movies, they will get our attention.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check us out at RegalLife.com
| 15 Average applicants per opening|| 10% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 59% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|