What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Reflektive to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Reflektive is a leader in providing innovative, real-time performance management solutions for HR leaders and their agile organizations. Founded in 2014, Reflektive securely delivers Real-Time Feedback and Requests, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, and Check-Ins applications in the cloud for more than 300 clients worldwide.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.reflektive.com/|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94107|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: San Francisco, California, 94107|| US Employees: 120|
| Employees Worldwide: 130|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2014|
Perks and Programs
We asked Reflektive to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Embody a Culture of Feedback: Powered by Reflektive's own platform, we have quality check-in conversations every quarter between managers and employees to help maintain alignment of expectations and grow employees. We pride ourselves on the quality of conversations that each employee has with their manager. In order for employees to do their best work, we follow a regular cadence of setting goals, creating alignment, measuring progress, talking about employee performance relative to goals including successes and learning opportunities, and then updating and adjusting priorities as necessary.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We have a team that focuses on diversity and our employees naturally make this part of their work ethic. We initiated a Slack channel to post related articles and events. Several team members also hosted a gender bias Lunch-n-Learn along with an Unconscious Bias learning. We organized employee etiquette training to help create a safe and inclusive environment. We have double the amount of female engineers than most tech companies and maintain diverse backgrounds. We also include bias training within our check-in training so we’re mindful of any unconscious biases that may impact the evaluation of their own or employees' performance.
- Continuous Learning with In-Person and Digital Experiences: Reflektive hosts ongoing employee education on how to get the most out of your career, delivering and receiving feedback, goal setting that delivers results, and identifying strengths. A number of learning sessions are initiated and run by employees, including the unconscious bias education, learning about the HR industry, and a coding lunch-n-learn series. We provide education each time we have check-in conversations to ensure everyone has high-quality conversations with their managers. We are preparing to launch a bi-weekly Q&A with subject matter experts from across the company. All of these continuous learning efforts are supported with a combination of in-person and digital experiences.
- Driven by Values: Values are at the core of Reflektive's culture and are important to employees, managers, executives and our customers. Our values are integrated into the product so people can hashtag them when congratulating a colleague or talking to a manager during check-ins. Our values include: Customers for Life; Stronger Together; Be Curious; Extra Mile; and Always Learning. Managers and employees often recognize our people on Reflektive's recognition wall.
- Employee Community Building Events: Every month we have a fun event to bring employees together to foster strong and meaningful working relationships. For example, we: had a wine tasting event where a sommelier came and explained the art of tasting wine; surprised our employees with a fresh cookie delivery; celebrated our growth and move into a new floor with a champagne toast; enjoyed a great summer outing together with a scavenger hunt around the city that also supported team-building; have a holiday get together each year. These community-building events motivate employees and foster a collaborative working environment.
- Real-Time Feedback is Real: Illustrating our value of Always Learning, we regularly seek out and act on feedback. After our All Hands meetings, check-in conversations, and programs – polls are sent to generate employee feedback, learn from and revise our approach for future events. We also share with employees what we learn from our eNPS (Employee Net Promoter Score) surveys and how we’ll take action. One recent example is, we heard our benefits needed improvement. We therefore, looked at new program options and selected a new broker to improve the benefits program. This feedback loop and follow through builds trust among employees.
- Positive and Genuine Environment: Environment is everything whether it's at home, school or work. Our Employee Success team is focused on creating and sustaining the most positive and genuine environment and employee experience possible, which allows people to be creative and work incredibly well together. Our 3 focus areas include ensuring an empathetic culture, continuous learning, and diversity of thought.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 13 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 9 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
How to Get Hired
We asked Reflektive for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The characteristics we value most in potential employees are empathy and the ability to be a team player. We are a culture built on teamwork and mentorship; we find that the best leaders and teammates are able to empathize with others.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Do your homework before the interview! Come prepared with questions about the product. Is there a feature that you don’t understand, or that you really connected with on a personal level?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for experienced Account Executives, Senior Developers, Full Stack and Front End Engineers. While intelligence and work experience are obviously important for these roles, the ability to check your ego at the door is probably the most valuable trait someone on our team can have.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Take a look at Reflektive.com to learn more about our business and customers. If you see a role that looks like a fit, please apply online!
| 70 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 72% Job Growth|
| 50 Average applicants per opening|| 4,387 Total job applicants|
| 25% New hires by employee referrals|| 7% Openings filled by current employees|
| 4 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|