What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I want to work here for a long time.
What They Do
We asked Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Raymond Handling Solutions provides high-density storage, order-picking systems and associated services to companies engaged in warehousing and distribution as well as material handling of all kinds. We are the authorized Raymond Forklift Sales and Service Center covering Southern California, Nevada, Arizona and Baja Mexico.
About this Company
| Website: www.raymondhandlingsolutions.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Santa Fe Springs, California, 90670|| US Sites: 10|
| Major Locations: Ontario, California, 91761; San Diego, California, 92128; Las Vegas, Nevada, 89081; Valencia, California, 91355; Phoenix, Arizona, 85034; Calexico, California, 92231; Nogales, Arizona, 85621; Tucson, Arizona; Kingman, Arizona|| US Employees: 438|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2002|
Perks and Programs
We asked Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Christmas Party: Raymond Handling Solutions hosts an annual Christmas party for all employees plus a guest. The party includes food, drinks, entertainment and the company offers to pay for half of your hotel if you'd like to stay near the venue. The most recent event was an 80's themed event held at the House of Blues. Past events have been at The Aquarium, Queen Mary and Mortons.
- Annual Company Picnic/Pinnacle Awards: Raymond Handling Solutions hosts an annual company picnic and awards ceremony for our operations team for both employees and their immediate family members. Each year is enjoyed at a new venue. Past events have been held at Knott's Berry Farm and most recently at Universal Studios.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Vouchers: Raymond Handling Solutions presents each employee with a gift card for a turkey every Thanksgiving
- Fred Awards/Monthly Employee Recognition: Fred is defined as one who has gone above and beyond! Each month our "Fred Committee" meets to review all nominations from both internal and external customers. , once an employee has been identified, we celebrate with either an ice cream truck for an afternoon snack, the Habit truck for lunch or a breakfast burrito bar! Its always a great time to celebrate our "Fred".
- Milestone Anniversary Lunch with the President: Once a quarter our president takes all employees who are celebrating a milestone anniversary whether it be 1, 5 ,15 or 30 years of service to lunch. During lunch he will go around the table and ask each employee "What is one thing that you like about Raymond" and "If you were President for a day, what is one thing that you would change"? We have received numerous suggestions from employees of changes that we have put into practice that has assisted us in operating more efficiently as an organization.
- Semi-Annual Communication Sessions: Twice a year our President and Director of Human Resources will go on "tour" to each facility and communicate any company updates, financials of the company, any policy updates as well as the announcement of new employees and anniversaries. This is a great opportunity for employees to be informed of how the company is operating as a whole and ask questions. Employees look forward to this meeting!
- Chartered Fishing Trip: Raymond Handling Solutions sponsors an annual chartered fishing trip for all of our mechanics out of Dana Point, CA
- Centurion Sales Program: The sales team works toward earning points throughout the year based on sales each month. At the end of the year those that met the goal set will be sent on an all expense paid trip with a guest. Past trips have been to Hawaii, Pebble Beach, Costa Rica and Las Vegas.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 25% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||65% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 65% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 65% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 23 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 23 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
Community and Environmental Impact
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The best person for the position may not always be the person with the best resume or the longest record of accomplishment of success. Our ideal candidate is one we feel the intangible connection with, one who combines knowledge for the position with passion and cultural alignment in equal measure. That said, we diligently use a host of administrative controls and processes to examine one’s overall candidacy in an effort to make the right choice in improving and preserving our mission, vision and values. This process is to ensure our candidates are characteristically and organizationally compatible while remaining motivated and focused on what it requires to meet our corporate expectations, objectives and achieving our strategical goals as an organization. This assessment enables our management staff to determine whether the choice to move forward with securing employment is the most beneficial for both the candidate and Raymond.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Raymond Handling Solutions has been growing by leaps and bounds, with that, our continued focus will be both field and shop mechanics in all of our covered areas as well as sales professionals. As we continue to grow, we will continue to increase our supportive roles such as administrative sales support, accounting and processing.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
To begin the process of being considered for a career at Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc., interested candidates should visit our career page at www.raymondhandlingsolutions.com to complete their online application.
| 25 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 13% Job Growth|
| 27 Average applicants per opening|| 3,429 Total job applicants|
| 50% New hires by employee referrals|| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|