What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I want to work here for a long time.
Management recognizes honest mistakes as part of doing business.
What They Do
We asked Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation provides high-density storage, order-picking systems and associated services to companies engaged in warehousing and distribution as well as material handling of all kinds. We are the authorized Raymond Forklift Sales and Service Center covering Northern California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Western Montana and Alaska.
About this Company
| Website: www.raymondhandling.com|| Industry: Industrial Services|
| US Headquarters: Fremont, California, 94538|| US Sites: 10|
| Major Locations: Auburn, Washington, 98001; Portland, Oregon, 97230; Stockton, California, 95206; Sacramento, California, 95834; Sparks, Nevada, 89431; Anchorage, Alaska, 99518; Fresno, California, 93706; Boise, Idaho, 95206; Spokane, Washington, 99207|| US Employees: 278|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1987|
Perks and Programs
We asked Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Raymond Academy: Raymond Academy was developed at Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation in 2009 in the height of the worst recession in US history. Raymond Academy was created to be a year long management education, development and mentoring program that team members were invited to participate in as either a mentor or mentee. While it was originally started to provide basic fundamental training for our managers, this program grew into a much larger strategic thinking and leadership development platform for employees who are Supervisors, Managers and those idenitified as taking leadership initiative within their departments.
- Sales Lyon Donation Fund: As part of our Sales Achievement program, any Account Manager who achieves Sales Lyon status at our company based on total Sales Achieved the prior year, can company monies donated to charities of his choice over the following year.
- Work from Home: Because many of our office and managerial employees have laptops, when these employees have temporary childcare issues, short-term illness that takes them out of the office for a day or two, or appointments that interrupt their work day, with prior approval, we allow employees with laptops to work from home rather than utilize their Personal Time Off. That way they can still save their PTO for vacations and in case of longer term illness.
- Field Technicians Increase Opportunities Occur Twice Annually: Our Field Service Technicians are provided an opportunity to receive increases twice a year. While already at very competitive starting pay, this gives our Technicians the opportunity to advance their pay much faster than a position that only increases once per year.
- Field Technician Technical Primer: Our Field Service Technicians are provided Certified Raymond Technicial training upon hire. This training takes place over a six month period with both classroom and hands-on shop training. We have the most sought after Field Technicians in our industry due to the extensive training that is provided to our Technicians.
- We Promote from Within First: We will always recruit and promote from within our own team of professionals before we ever search outside our company.
- Quarterly In Person Communication by our President: Our company president travels quarterly to each of our 9 branch locations to communicate transparent company financial data and acknowledge our employees' accomplishments in front of each branch team. He makes himself available after each meeting to personally address any concerns and questions and to "just get to know each of his employees." That is important to him and our employees.
- We Don't do Mass Lay Offs: We strategically hire so as to not do mass layoffs. We believe that our employees work better and are happier and invested at work when they are not worried about their job suddenly disappearing due to sudden changes in the economy. We do not mass hire only to keep the cream of the crop. We intentially work to hire the best qualified candidate per open position. During the last recession our country experienced, we stopped hiring, didn't refill positions that were vacated, and continued to provide training and leadership development in order to be positioned for growth when the economy turned around.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $65,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Service Technician|| $85,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Account Manager|
| 35% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 10% of salary||65% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 65% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 24 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 9 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|131 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||131 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $20,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $4,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- VP Human Resources is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees who demonstrate a desire to provide the best customer service; are reliable and dependable; who demonstrate exceptional competence in their work; who demonstrate integrity in their decision making and actions; who have a natural concern for people they work with; and who want and need opportunities for achievement and growth, fit the core values of Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation and are the people we are looking to add to our team.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees should be very specific about their skills, talents and characteristics and tell us in detail how he/she will use these skills, talents and personal characteristics to be the best employee for our open position and committed team member at Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation. Provide examples of how these have each worked to his/her prior company's advantage in other positions and projects. And lastly, why do you want to work for us? What makes you passionate and driven about that decision?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Raymond Handling Concepts is growing rapidly! We need outside sales professionals to sell material handling equipment, warehouse storage and automation systems, manage projects, and establish new partnership accounts. With our tremendous growth we need talented and independent administrative support in sales, accounting and service. Our Service Technician base continues to grow as we rapidly add more Raymond trucks into the market. Their contact with our customers is key to us providing exceptional scheduled service, repair and maintenance on customer material handling equipment.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
To submit a resume to Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation, please visit us online at www.raymondhandling.com/careers! Find the career you are passionate about and let us know you heard about us through Great Places to Work!
| 30 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 8% Job Growth|
| 28 Average applicants per opening|| 3,254 Total job applicants|
| 27% New hires by employee referrals|| 34% Openings filled by current employees|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 14% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|