What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel I make a difference here.
People celebrate special events around here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked Radiant Senior Living to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Radiant Senior Living is a family of residential senior care communities. Our communities offer a variety of care services that may include: independent living, assisted living, residential care, memory care, skilled nursing, in-home care, adult day programs, and respite stays.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.radiantseniorliving.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Portland, Oregon, 97223|| US Sites: 19|
| Major Locations: Eugene, Oregon, 97401; Colorado Springs, Colorado, 90920; Medford, Oregon, 97504; Everett, Washington, 98204; Bozeman, Montana, 59718; Aurora, Colorado, 80014; Beaverton, Oregon, 97005; Gresham, Oregon, 97030; Jacksonville, Oregon, 97530; Salem, Oregon, 97306|| US Employees: 883|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2011|
Perks and Programs
We asked Radiant Senior Living to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Leadership in Training Program: Radiant Senior Living values team development as longevity is beneficial to our staff and our residents. Our Leadership in Training program helps provide career paths for team members wishing to advance in a career in senior living. Entry level positions can turn into long-term career opportunities by entering the leadership-in-training program.
- Alzheimer's Awareness Fundraising: Working in Senior Living we are very aware of the effects of Alzheimer's and feel it is important to our teams, residents, and family members to help raise awareness and funds for the cause. Each of our communities raises awareness and funds within their staff and communities. Team members and residents come together for events, competitions, and local awareness walks.
- Employee Monetary Incentive Programs: Our team members have multiple opportunities to earn additional income through our monetary incentive programs. Resident or team member referrals, occupancy bonuses, and more are some of the compensation programs we offer.
- Employee Wellness Program: We believe that employee health is important to their overall well-being and their experience working with our company. We offer discounts on insurance for non-smokers, healthy snacks and beverages in all employee breakrooms, perks program with discounts to major gyms, and more all in the effort to improve the wellness of our employees.
- Radiant Bucks: When our team members go above and beyond in their role, help make a great impression on guests, or take extra care in working with residents they are awarded Radiant Bucks. Each month at the all-staff meeting they have the opportunity to spend their Radiant Bucks on personal care essentials, pantry staples, bus passes, and more. Or, they may wish to purchase fun items such as toys, electronics, or movie tickets. Some of our communities also do auctions in which team members can bid with their Radiant Bucks to get big-ticket items such as a TV or tickets to a big game!
- Employee Education: Our standard employee education requirements are beyond all state-issued requirements. We take pride in helping our team learn more and develop their abilities so that they may succeed in whatever they choose to do. We offer an online-based additional education program to provide further education in areas pertinent to their current job. We also offer an EAP which has educational opportunities to learn more about life skills. Our Perks at Work program offers discounts for futher education as well. In addition, we provide on and off-site educational opportunities as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Tuition Reimbusement: We believe education provides opportunity. We help support our team members desire to further their careers in senior living by providing partial tuition reimbursement.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $38,064 Average salary and additional cash compensation for RCC|| 3% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for full-time)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 5 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||84 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|84 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||12 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $47,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Radiant Senior Living for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our excellence depends on the people who work for it. We recognize that to reach our goal of excellence in providing services and living accommodations to our residents, we must have motivated, well-trained and enthusiastic employees. Excellent in care, food service, social activities, and maintaining our communities comes about only through the cooperative work of all employees.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Want to make a difference every day.
Be creative. Fun loving. Compassionate.
Be committed to fulfilling our mission - to create and sustain comfortable, caring environments for those who depend on us - have the same core values: Honesty - we are truthful in all our relationships.
Integrity - we are consistent in our responses.
Reliability - we do what we promise.
Excellence - we perform each task to the highest standards.
Respect - we treat everyone as we wish to be treated.
Compassion - we are considerate in our decisions and actions.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for caring people that are willing to make a difference in the lives of the residents we serve. We are able to provide career paths for those that are interested in the healthcare industry. We are focused on recruiting caregivers and med techs that will provide hands-on personal care to residents. RN's that promote the health and well-being of each resident and provide accurate nursing assessments and evaluations. Housekeepers who clean assigned apartments and designated areas. Food Service positions that oversee the food service, prepare and serve nutritious, flavorful, well-balanced meals. Activities Directors and Assistants that coordinate and plan activities for residents. Executive Director oversees and is responsible for the daily operations. Business Office Manager provides administrative and financial activities. Maintenance Director maintains and repairs the building and develops preventative and responsive maintenance. Community Relations Directors promote and market the community to increase census and promote the image of the community.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Contact or apply in person at one of our communities.
Forward a resume to email@example.com
Apply online at: radiantseniorliving.com
| 1,200 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 4 Average applicants per opening|
| 4,547 Total job applicants|| 5% New hires by employee referrals|
| 22% Openings filled by current employees|| 87 Recent graduates hired|