What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked QuikTrip to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a fast-paced happy bunch that sells gasoline along with serving a diverse base of customers made up of people who are hungry, thirsty, and need gasoline!
About this Company
| Website: www.quiktrip.com|| Industry: Retail|
| US Headquarters: Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74134|| US Sites: 780|
| Major Locations: Atlanta, GA, Georgia; Dallas, TX, Texas; Phoenix, AZ, Arizona|| US Employees: 19,326|
| US Revenues: $11.7 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1958|
Perks and Programs
We asked QuikTrip to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Meeting with Chet every year: No Undercover Boss here! While eating great food, we get to hear the state of the company, what QT is currently working on, and QuikTrip's five year plan. The thing about Chet, he is transparent in what is going on with QuikTrip... it is what it is! Employees that attend the meeting leave with a great appreciation gift and are eligible to win either a 7 day trip to Hawaii, $500, or a week of paid vacation!
- QT has doctors available in all markets: If a particular plan is selected at the start of the year, employees and their family can typically get into the doctor the same day for free. Many of these doctors just see QuikTrip employees and their families. This service is free of charge with a variety of free prescriptions available.
- QT honors employees for anniversaries: When a Fulltime employee hits 1 year with QT, they get a cool jacket - Part-time employees at 2 years. At 5 years, they get to spend $400 of QT's money to order gifts. At 10, they get $1,000 to spend on gifts. At 15, $200 to spend but also $3,000 to use on a vacation. At 20 years, $300 plus $4,900 in cash or stock in the Retirement Plan. And, at 25 years, QT pays an employee to take a sabbatical for a month!
- Division Picnic/ Party: Every year each division has a picnic in which all employees and their immediate family are invited to attend. Great food! Games for the kids and even for the adults. It's another time in which employees can catch up with their QuikTrip family.
- Promote From Within: Here at QuikTrip we take pride in providing an opportunity for employees to grow and succeed. We have structured training programs and offer ongoing training for all employees. We hope that these programs will help all QuikTrip employees achieve their individual career goals within the company.
- United Way Week: QuikTrip has an event at our headquarters to kick off our company wide contribution to the United Way. The employees have an opportunity to give by purchasing sellable items that are unique to QuikTrip. Employees can also donate by purchasing a United Way Week super card. This card is used for gaming activities, daily lunches, raffles, and an opportunity to have an extreme hair color or beard for the month!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $46,857 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Releif Assistant Manager|| $80,524 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Store Manager|
|81% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 81% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| $3,300 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 25 year(s) of employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (4% have access)
- Medical facilities (at some locations)
- Onsite Amenities (Fitness Center, Masseuse on site at corporate campus, free soft drinks, coffee and tea, and food trucks at corporate campus)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|116 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||56 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|$10,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $14,591,908 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
- VP of Operations Personnel oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
How to Get Hired
We asked QuikTrip for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for pretty smart and self motivated people with a lot of energy ...people who are comfortable talking to and taking care of the needs of customers. Prospective new employees must not have concerns about doing physically challenging work – standing on their feet up to ten hours a shift, cleaning, and the stocking of product for retail sales.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit quiktrip.com and start your application!
| -6% Job Growth|| 236,703 Total job applicants|
| 5% Openings filled by current employees|| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 49% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|