What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
We have special and unique benefits here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked QuikTrip to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a fast-paced happy bunch that sells gasoline along with serving a diverse base of customers made up of people who are hungry, thirsty, and need gasoline!
About this Company
| Website: www.quiktrip.com|| Industry: Retail|
| US Headquarters: Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74134|| US Sites: 779|
| Major Locations: Atlanta, GA, Georgia; Dallas, TX, Texas; Phoenix, AZ, Arizona|| US Employees: 20,230|
| US Revenues: $10.6 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1958|
Perks and Programs
We asked QuikTrip to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Meeting with Chet every year: No Undercover Boss here! We get to eat great food and hear the state of the company, what QT is currently working on along with what is being planned for the next five years. The thing about Chet, he is transparent in what is going on with QuikTrip... it is what it is! Each employee leaves with a neat gift. Every employee also has a chance to win $500 or a weeks vacation!
- QT has doctors available in all markets: If a particular plan is selected at the start of the year, employees and their family can typically get into the doctor the same day for free. Many of these doctors just see QuikTrip employees/families. Free...
- QT honors employees for anniversaries: When a Fulltime employee hits 1 year with QT, they get a cool jacket - Part-time employees at 2 years. At 5 years, they get to spend $400 of QT's money to order gifts. At 10, they get $1,000 to spend on gifts. At 15, $200 to spend but also $3,000 net after taxes to use on a vacation. At 20 years, $300 plus $4,900 in cash or stock in the Retirement Plan. And, at 25 years, QT pays an employee to take a sabbatical for a month!
- Division Picnic/ Party: Every year each division has a picnic in which all employees and their immediate family are invited to attend. Great food! Games for the kids and even for the adults. It's another time in which you can catch up with others in your market.
- We work hard: At the end of the day, we hope to have impacted a few thousand people in a positive way! To feel a sense of pride that the same people will come in day after day to see us but to also be able to provide food and beverage selections to satisfy in a clean well stocked store; to sell first timers/ travelers and their little ones on QT! And, hard work and taking care of customers/ employees can equate out to future promotions and a career!
- United Way Week: QuikTrip has an event at our headquarters to kick off our company wide contribution to the United Way. The employees have an opportunity to give by purchasing sellable items that are unique to QuikTrip that you cannot purchase anywhere else. Employees also have the opportunity to donate by purchasing a super card for the week that involves them in games, daily lunches, raffle, and an opportunity to have an extreme hair color or beard for the month!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $46,857 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Releif Assistant Manager|| $80,524 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Store Manager|
|81% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 81% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| $4,400 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $4,400 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 25 year(s) of employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Medical facilities (at some locations)
- Onsite Amenities (The Corporate campus includes a smaller version of a QT store where employees are able to purchase food and drinks using their employee ID badge, additionally we coordinate to have local food trucks on campus during the week. The Corporate campus also includes a 24/7 fitness facility, primary care doctor's office and a masseuse on site one day a week.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|130 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$10,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $15,820,695 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked QuikTrip for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for pretty smart folks with a lot of energy who are self motivated that are really comfortable talking to and taking care of the needs of customers. Prospective new employees must not have concerns about doing physically challenging work – standing on their feet up to ten hours a shift, cleaning, and the stocking of product for retail sales.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit quiktrip.com and start your application!
| 10,400 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -1% Job Growth|
| 24 Average applicants per opening|| 236,703 Total job applicants|
| 5% Openings filled by current employees|| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 44% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|