What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
We have special and unique benefits here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked QuikTrip to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a fast-paced happy bunch that sells gasoline along with serving a diverse base of customers made up of people who are hungry, thirsty, and need gasoline!
About this Company
| Website: www.quiktrip.com|| US Headquarters: Tulsa, Oklahoma|
| US Sites: 760|| Major Locations: Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tulsa, OK; Kansas City, MO & KS|
| US Employees: 20342|| Founded: 1958|
| Industry: Retail|
Perks and Programs
We asked QuikTrip to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Meeting with Chet every year: No Undercover Boss here! We get to eat great food and hear the state of the company, what QT is currently working on along with what is being planned for the next five years. The thing about Chet, he is transparent in what is going on with QuikTrip... it is what it is! Each employee leaves with a neat gift. Every employee also has a chance to win $500 or a weeks vacation!
- QT has doctors available in all markets: If a particular plan is selected at the start of the year, employees and their family can typically get into the doctor the same day for free. Many of these doctors just see QuikTrip employees/families. Free...
- QT honors employees for anniversaries: When a Fulltime employee hits 1 year with QT, they get a cool jacket - Part-time employees at 2 years. At five years, they get to spend $400 of QT's money to order gifts. At 10, they get $1,000 to spend on gifts. At 15, $200 to spend but also $3,000 net after taxes to use on a vacation. At 20 years, $300 plus $5,000 in cash or stock in the Retirement Plan. And, at 25 years, QT pays an employee to take a sabbatical for a month!
- Division Picnic/ Party: Every year each division has a picnic in which all employees and their immediate family is invited to attend. Great food! Games for the kids and even for the adults. It's another time in which you can catch up with others in your market.
- We work hard: At the end of the day, we hope to have impacted a few thousand people in a positive way! To feel a sense of pride that the same people will come in day after day to see us but to also be able provide food and beverage selections to satisfy and in a clean well stocked stored; to sell first timers/ travelers and their little ones on QT! And, hard work and taking care of customer/ employees can equate out to future promotions and a career!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $45,940 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Night Assistant Manager|| $77,053 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Store Manager|
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 3% of an employee's salary|| 79% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $4400 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- 401(k) or 403b plan
- Pre-tax savings account
- Employee stock ownership plan
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- Convenience store
- Discount ticket sales
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Holidays & vacation days after one year of employment|| $10,000 Adoption benefit|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Paid sabbaticals
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Lactation room(s)
- Unpaid sabbaticals
- Phased retirement planning
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Breast cancer screening
- Skin cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Medical facilities
How to Get Hired
We asked QuikTrip for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for pretty smart folks with a lot of energy who are self motivated that are really comfortable talking to and taking care of the needs of customers. Prospective new employees must not have concerns of doing physically challenging work – standing on their feet up to ten hours a shift, cleaning, and the stocking of product for retail sales.
Are there any unusual or especially rigorous steps of your hiring process that candidates should be aware of?
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit quiktrip.com and start your application!
| 21% Job Growth|| 123 Average applicants per opening|
| 13% Total voluntary turnover of full-time employees in the past year|| 428102 Applicants in past year|
| 3478 Openings in past year|| 37% New hires by employee referrals|