What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
There is a "family" or "team" feeling here.
You can count on people to cooperate.
What They Do
We asked Ptex Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Ptex Group is an award-winning, full-service marketing, branding, and business solutions agency, focused on helping growing businesses flourish. We partner with our clients to create powerful websites, dynamic brands, and even provide an in-house call center for a seamless customer experience.
About this Company
| Website: www.ptexgroup.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Brooklyn, New York|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Brooklyn, New York|| US Employees: 30|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2001|
Perks and Programs
We asked Ptex Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Book It Initiative: We believe that education never ends. As such, we encourage team members to further enhance their knowledge through reading, watching webinars, and takingnonline courses. Employees are awarded $50 for each book and course review submitted.
- Weekly Huddle: We have a weekly Monday Morning Huddle, where we huddle together to review the previous week’s accomplishments, current outlook for the week and we make any “open floor” announcements. At the end of the huddle, we dole out a “high-five” to a specific employee as recognition for their exemplary work.
- Company Retreat: We throw an annual weekend getaway, where team members and their families have the opportunity to come together to socialize and get to know each other in a more intimate setting, away from the ringing phones and tight deadlines.
- Strive for Excellence Program: We have a weekly enrichment program for our dedicated customer service team. Agents are sent weekly recordings from their interactions with customers, and are asked ask to rate how they feel they handled it and what they can learn going forward. For each call reviewed, the agent is entered into a raffle for a $100 Amazon gift
- Birthday Wishes: An employee’s special day is cause for celebration! Each team member gets a personal email from the CEO celebrating their birthday and giving them some motivation to continue growing in good health.
- Company SWOT Event: We conduct a company-wide SWOT event, and every employee is encouraged to give their honest feedback - why they joined Ptex, are we living up to their expectations, what they feel are our strengths and weaknesses, etc. This feedback is a critical component when creating yearly priorities.
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Free beverages during the day
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|6 days Job-protected maternity leave||4 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|6 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||6 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|6 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||6 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Formal programs support professional development for: Speakers of English as a second language
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
How to Get Hired
We asked Ptex Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
When interviewing a candidate, we always look at the following: First and foremost, are they buying into our mission? Do they understand why we do what we do? Do they possess the passion that defines our company? Second, I always am looking for proven team players. There are three characteristics that make up a team player: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We appreciate when someone reaches out to us and gives us a reason why they are applying for a position at Ptex, as opposed to simply mass-forwarding a resume. It’s the reason why our application form is entitled, “Why Ptex?” This immediately gives us an impression as to what the prospective candidate is all about - their values, their career aspirations, etc. and how they are compatible with the Ptex culture.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are constantly looking to hire talented individuals to join our growing team. There is no such thing as too much talent!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Do some research about Ptex. Check out our site, blog & social profiles, media mentions and any other source of information. Remember - we’re not just interviewing you. You’re interviewing us.
| 10 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 20% Job Growth|
| 10 Average applicants per opening|| 50 Applications received|
| 5 Positions filled in past year|| 60% New hires by employee referrals|
| 5 New positions created|| 3 Jobs filled by current employees|
| 1 New graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|