Don’t be surprised to have an oceanfront view, to be sitting next to the CEO or to be playing kickball on the beach at this healthcare recruiting firm. PPR folks work hard and are appreciated plenty.



This review is based on 78 employee surveys, with a 95% confidence level and a margin of error of ± 3.76. It was published on Sep 19, 2014. 6456 Visitors

What You Should Know

Don’t be surprised to have an oceanfront view, to be sitting next to the CEO or to be playing kickball on the beach if you find yourself at Professional Placement Resources (PPR). Many employees at this fun health-care recruitment firm do indeed have Atlantic views, and the CEO sits in a cubicle along with the rest of the team to set an egalitarian tone. There’s plenty of hard work, especially in this competitive field. But PPR doesn’t hold back in recognizing efforts with steaks and flowers for first-time placements, an employee appreciation month and lunchtime beach workouts. Baseline benefits are strong too, with unlimited paid time off, 80 to 90 percent company-paid health-care coverage for employees and their dependents and monthly bonuses that everyone is eligible to receive. Mild-mannered types may not fit here; PPR wants folks that fit its entrepreneurial, outgoing culture. Says one employee: “PPR is the perfect mix of a casual environment with a tenacious, fast-paced and diligent approach to the work we do.” 


PPR recruits and hires doctors, nurses and other medical professionals for hospitals, schools and skilled nursing facilities in all 50 states and internationally. 

Website: US Headquarters: Jacksonville Beach, Florida
US Sites: 1 Major Locations: Jacksonville Beach, FL
US Employees: 88 Founded: 1996
Industry: Professional Services  

PPR Talent Management Group has been awarded:

Great Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services 2015 (ranked 7)

Best Small & Medium Workplaces 2014 (ranked 2)

Great Challenges

How much responsibility would I have? What kind of support is there for professional development?

Great Rated! conducted an anonymous survey of randomly selected PPR employees to assess the quality of the workplace challenges the company provides. An average of 94 percent of PPR report the company often or almost always provides needed training, fair promotions and personally challenging work. Another 5 percent report the company sometimes provides these opportunities, for a combined positive rating from 99 percent of employees in the Great Challenges category.

PPR employees recruit and hire doctors, nurses and other medical professionals for hospitals, schools and skilled nursing facilities. Nearly all employees (99 percent) say they carry a lot of responsibility in the organization, and that managers trust them to carry out these responsibilities without micromanaging them. For a large majority of employees (90 percent), their work at PPR is more than just a job: the chance to have an impact on the lives of medical professionals and the patients they serve provides special meaning.

At PPR, 92 percent of employees feel they receive the training and development they need to further their careers. While it is often difficult for companies to ensure that promotions are awarded fairly across organizations, at Professional Placement Resources, 91 percent of employees say that promotions consistently go to those who best deserve them, exceeding what one can typically expect even at the very best companies in the country.

Supporting Employee Development

  • College Tuition Reimbursement: $3,000
  • Average annual training for part-time hourly employees: 100 hours
  • Average annual training for full-time salaried employees: 100 hours
  • PPR encourages employees to participate in in-house training programs as well as offsite programs, both personal and professional. Some examples of their internal training include leadership training, a mentoring and shadowing program, lunch-and-learns and coaching.
No one loses sight of goals, both personal and company wide, or our responsibilities, but we are able to enjoy the daily experience together. We are a family and we're in it together. The pressure is always there to perform at a high level, but that is largely a self-imposed pressure. We want to do well for our team, for our company, for each other. We are driven and energetic, professional and like-minded.

Great Atmosphere

What would my colleagues be like? How do people have fun? How formal a workplace is it?

An average of 97 percent of PPR employees say they often or almost always enjoy their colleagues and find their workplace to be fun and cooperative. Another 3 percent sometimes benefits from these qualities, for a combined positive rating from 100 percent of employees in the Great Atmosphere category.

PPR's office in Jacksonville Beach, Fla. is equipped with a game room, couches and a TV. But what makes this workplace unique is its location directly on the beach, where employees can walk or eat their lunch while watching the surf, or perhaps take in a beach workout led by a personal trainer. They also have indoor gym facilities with an ocean view and a full AV projection screen with audio system. 

Fun and Celebrations

  • There is no shortage of fun events at PPR. These include: Employee Appreciation Month and "Early Days Off," when employees are allowed to leave early on several Fridays throughout the year, on their birthdays and on days preceding a holiday. When a new sales employee makes their very first placement, the company sends cookies, flowers or steaks to congratulate them on their achievement. 

Caring and Support

  • When personal crises hit, PPR provides work flexibility based on employees’ specific needs and situations. The company arranges for meals to be delivered to the family if needed. Toys and other items have been sent to children of hospitalized employees. PPR provides up to a total of 12 workweeks of leave for family and medical needs, up to five paid working days in the event of a death of a close relative and three days off with pay to attend the funeral of other relatives.
People celebrate special events around here.
I wish I found a place with this atmosphere earlier. PPR only hires great people with great talent that work together to reach goals. All my colleagues have been exceptionally friendly and helpful, and I have felt at home since day one. The CEO sits in a cubical amongst everyone, when there are a lot of others with an office with beach view. Yes, this place is literally three stories high on the water. 



Great Rewards

What kind of perks and benefits are part of the employment package? What is the work-life balance like? Does the company appreciate hard work?

An average of 91 percent of PPR employees often or almost always find the company compensates them fairly, provides special and unique benefits, supports their work-life balance and shows genuine appreciation for their contributions. Another 7 percent reports they sometimes receive these benefits as well, for a combined positive rating from 98 percent of employees in the Great Rewards category.

Every year we take a month and have "Employee Appreciation Month," where we take time on a weekly basis out of our workday to do activities as a group.


80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents 29 hours Weekly hours at which part-timers receive health-care coverage
50% 401(k) match of employee's salary, up to 6% of an employee's contribution 90% Company-paid health coverage for employees


  • 401(k) or 403b plan
  • Pre-Tax Savings Account


  • Free snacks during the day
  • Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
  • Onsite package/mailing service
  • Discount ticket sales
  • Car wash
  • Free beverages during the day
  • Personal concierge service
  • Massage therapy
  • Fitness classes


16 days of Vacation and 10 Holidays after one year of employment 60 days Job Protected Leave maternity provided above and beyond FMLA
40 days Paid leave for adoptive parents


  • Unpaid Sabbaticals
  • Telecommute Option (20% use it)
  • Lactation Rooms
  • Flexible Schedule (5% use it)
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
We are given accommodations to better our work life. For example, I'm allowed to work from home two days a week because I have a long commute. The difference it's made for me is amazing. 


  • Dental care
  • Prescription drug subsidy
  • Alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, homeopathy or chiropractic
  • Vision care
  • Mental health care


  • Cholesterol Tests
  • Flu Shots
  • Subsidized Offsite Gym Memberships
  • Blood Pressure Screening
  • Fitness Center

Great Pride

What inspires employees' company spirit here? Do people stand by their teams' work? What impact do people have outside the organization?

An average of 96 percent of PPR employees report that they often or almost always carry meaningful responsibilities within the organization and are proud of their accomplishments, community impact and the company's reputation in the world. Another 3 percent report that they sometimes experience this pride as well, for a combined positive rating from 99 percent of employees in the Great Pride category.

By serving hospitals, schools and skilled nursing facilities through recruiting and hiring doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, PPR care providers find rewarding work and connect patients with the care they need. 

I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I tell everyone I know how proud I am to work here. While the job itself can be stressful at times, it's the best company in the world! I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Supporting the Community

  • Eight hours paid time to volunteer per employee per year
  • $21,791 in philanthropic donations in the last year
  • Volunteering is an integral part of the culture and structure at PPR, and a desire to participate and improve the community is one of the characteristics that they look for when hiring new employees. The causes they've supported have included cancer, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, autism, battered women, the elderly and Habitat for Humanity.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I love the passion PPR has toward community service. The fact that everyone is encouraged to get involved is wonderful. We are constantly given details of different opportunities for community service. Everyone gets the chance to be involved in areas of his or her own interest. We have raised so much money for cancer research and my favorite charity, the Humane Society. It truly makes me proud to work here. 

Great Communication

How easy is it to talk with managers and get the information I need? Will managers listen to my input?

An average of 94 percent of PPR employees say they often or almost always experience a free and transparent exchange of ideas and information within the organization. Another 5 percent sometimes has this experience as well, for a combined positive rating from 99 percent of employees in the Great Communication category.

PPR's 88 employees work out of one office in Jacksonville Beach, Fla. Employees work in close proximity to their managers, which fosters open communication. Employees say it's easy to get the information that they need: Nearly everyone (96 percent) finds that managers are proactive in making their expectations clear, and 91 percent say leaders keep them informed about important issues and changes. The vast majority (96 percent) also find that managers are approachable and easy to talk with, and 92 percent confirm that they can ask managers any reasonable question and will receive a straight answer. In addition, employees' input is taken seriously at the organization: 96 percent of employees say leaders genuinely seek and respond to suggestions and ideas.

Every Monday we have a meeting called "The 8:31 Meeting," where we gather as a company and go through each department's successes of the week prior. Individuals are recognized both internally by other employees and externally by clients. I sit in the cube right next to our CEO. Yes our CEO has a cube. He gives up the privilege of sitting in an office to sit in a cube among some of the newer employees. It sends out an "everyone is equal here" type vibe that I believe creates a productive and fun workplace.

Great Bosses

What are managers' leadership strengths?

An average of 93 percent of PPR employees say their managers often or almost always act with integrity and care, are competent in their positions and provide clear directions and vision for the organization. Another 6 percent say their managers sometimes display these characteristics, for a combined positive rating from 99 percent of employees in the Great Bosses category.

PPR employees widely appreciate the upbeat atmosphere and feeling of camaraderie their leaders encourage at the company. Employees describe their leadership team as very effective, highly ethical and quite caring. A striking 97 percent of employees say managers are competent at running the business, and nearly as many (94 percent) say leaders have a clear view of where the organization is going and how to get there. Nearly all staff (97 percent) agree PPR management is honest and ethical in its business practices. And a large majority of employees (96 percent) describe their managers as showing a sincere interest in them as a person, not just as an employee, and believe leaders would lay people off only as a last resort.

The CEO of this company takes culture very seriously, to his core. Within every decision he looks to see if it fits with the culture of PPR. You don't find that often and it has to start from the top.

Great Perks and Programs

  • Oceanfront Location: PPR's oceanfront location means employees can stroll the beach at lunch or participate in a yoga class or workout led by a personal trainer right on the beach. Kickball games, cook-outs and volleyball tournaments are regular events, and nothing beats the ocean view from most of the offices.

  • Family Friendly: PPR encourages employees to bring their kids to work during school breaks or if they just want to come to work for the day. PPR also sponsors a day of fun and education for children of employees during the "Bring Your Child to Work Day," where they play games, tour the facility, participate in educational activities and eat lunch and healthy snacks.

  • Communication: PPR fosters open communication through town hall meetings, weekly meetings, team meetings and one-on-one meetings. Employees are encouraged to ask questions, provide feedback and generally communicate with any manager, senior or otherwise.  

  • Focus on Health: Through a partnership with Brooks Health, PPR offers a 13-week health initiative consisting of a full health assessment at the beginning and end of the program, weekly meetings with a health/fitness coach as well as several daily fitness classes. The initiative also offers educational programs on health topics such as weight control, stress management and proper diet choices. 

  • Appreciation: From “Thank you Thursdays,” where all employees send a specific number of thank-you cards to both internal and external customers to let them know that their efforts are appreciated, to the Employee Appreciation Month and the Employee Service Recognition gifts, managers at PPR want to make sure their employees feel appreciated.

Employee Quotes

Great Rated! collected feedback from Professional Placement Resources employees via an anonymous survey. Following are common reasons employees said they appreciate their workplace.

Word Cloud

"Our CEO is inspiring and he makes you a better person. The best part about PPR is the people. I have best friends that I would consider family. There is no place like PPR. "

"People are encouraged to stay healthy. PPR provides fruit for everyone, has a full gym for working out and people are allotted time to exercise during the workday. We are also a very competitive company that frequently has sporting events like volleyball tournaments, kickball games and of course our version of the Amazing Race."

"PPR is unique in every way. There is nowhere I would rather be than with my friends here at PPR, no place I would rather work and no career I would rather have. PPR has helped me grow both personally and professionally. "

"PPR makes sure that every employee enjoys coming to work. Even though there may be a lot of tedious work to be done behind a desk, PPR provides opportunities to get away from your desk and enjoy your routine workday. Opportunities such as lunchtime workout classes, personal betterment classes and fun days out like a kickball tournament for the company's 18-year anniversary."

"The culture is really important here. People are hired with culture in mind. The culture emphasizes teamwork, caring and pulling together. People who don't want to work hard, care about others and provide great customer service (both internal as well as external customers) don't stay long. Also, the expectation is that you will participate in sharing ideas to make the company better."

"PPR is a family; they celebrate your joys and grieve in your sadness. I feel blessed to work at PPR. Of course, the oceanfront location is a bonus!"

"We are given a full one-hour lunch and the company provides a personal trainer and yoga instructor a few days a week in order to help employees stay physically fit. Being able to work out at lunch has changed my life for the better. "

"This is a family-oriented company. They really put you and your family first. This never feels like work. This is a fun place to make a living and the management is more than fair."

"PPR cares about its employees. As a remote team member, I appreciate having our weekly management calls on video. It allows me to see everyone. "

"This company has such an upbeat and positive culture. When I started, I felt very welcomed and look forward to coming into work every day. I feel that management truly cares about me as an individual and has given me the opportunity to really flourish in my career and make full use of my skill set. I feel what I do here matters and I feel that I make a difference."

"Everything about PPR makes it a great place to work! The benefits of working here are incredible. We definitely get rewarded for our hard work and dedication. This is a family environment and everyone feels at home here. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else."

"On my first day, I received eight handwritten welcome cards from people across the company. It was very impressive and went a long way in making me feel welcome."

How to Get Hired

We asked Professional Placement Resources for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.

What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?

Culture! Culture! Culture! We believe hiring the right teammate starts with hiring the best culture fit: Positive. Optimistic. Works well within a team. Great desire to succeed. Great attitude that is contagious. Great interpersonal skills. Professional track record of career success. Track record of longevity in other jobs. A goal-setter. Willingness to learn with an open mind. Competitive. Outgoing personality. Ethical. Flexible. Hardworking. Community-service minded.

Are there any unusual or especially rigorous steps of your hiring process that candidates should be aware of?

Yes, unusual and rigorous steps but not difficult. PPR utilizes the top-grading method of interviewing because we feel the interview style delves deep into the behaviors of the candidate and pinpoints the successes, failures and work relationships, which provides us the details we need to make a well-informed decision. Additionally, it is a significant time commitment. It is definitely not a one-and-done interview. We move methodically through a four-phase process, which often means four or five visits to PPR. If a candidate makes it through that many meetings without being ruled out, then he/she is likely a fit and a new friend.

Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?

PPR is looking for talented and successful professional recruiters; for the A-player looking for a great employment experience who can answer “yes” to all of the following questions: Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your career? Do you exceed people’s expectations of you on a regular basis? Do you want to come to work in jeans? Are you seeking an atmosphere of open and direct communication, debate and creative brainstorming? Are you professional and results driven, yet lighthearted and fun? Is it in your bones to seek continual improvement? Would you rather work for David than Goliath? Do you have passion?  If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you! Please submit your resume to

What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?

Interested candidates can go to our website at and check the opportunities tab. Open jobs are listed and an individual can apply for a position through the website. Candidates may also check out PPR’s Facebook page and join us on LinkedIn.

Hiring Outlook

29%Job Growth 29Average number of applicants per opening
435Applicants in past year 15Openings in past year
85%New hires by employee referrals

Related Companies