Power is the nation’s leading full-service, exterior home remodeler relentlessly dedicated to improving everything it touches — from beautifying homes to creating a one-of-a-kind workplace where employees achieve their dreams and can make a positive difference in the world.
How to Get Hired
We asked Power Home Remodeling for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
As a people-first organization, putting customers and fellow employees ahead of yourself is one of our keys to success. Our Co-CEOs have long embraced the notion that a prospective employee’s leadership potential is more evident through his or her E.Q. (emotional intelligence) than I.Q. They ask questions to see if a candidate matches our core values:
1. Integrity: A natural inclination to be honest; having good intentions; actions guided by morality
2. Grit: Courage in the face of adversity; determination, drive, fearlessness; passion for one’s responsibilities
3. Optimism: Finding value in both ‘good’ and ‘bad’ experiences; hopefulness and confidence in the future
4. Innovation: Desire to continually find a better way; the art of bringing creative ideas or improvements to life throughout the organization and to our customer experience
5. Caring: Selfless concern for others; displaying kindness; willingness to act on others’ behalf
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Power approaches the interview process differently than many companies. A potential candidate who seems to view the interview process as less of an opportunity to rattle off a list of accomplishments, strengths and weaknesses, and instead, a chance to show true leadership potential and work ethic, would definitely draw Power's attention. Potential candidates should take the time to think through examples of instances when they've had disagreements or conflicts that they were able to successfully resolve and find a way to communicate past experiences that show that when under pressure, they know how to find a solution to a problem.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
In 2017, we will be proactively looking for candidates in a few industries, including IT, communications, events, and operations as well as sales and marketing.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit www.workatpower.com for more information about Power's culture and career opportunities.