What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I can be myself around here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Pet Partners, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Since June 2003, Pet Partners has specialized in purchasing neighborhood veterinary hospitals and providing centralized business services. Our culture emphasizes local leadership and growing leaders at all levels. We empower every Associate to take responsibility and ownership of their position.
About this Company
| Website: www.petpartnersusa.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Wilton, New York, 12831|| US Sites: 86|
| US Employees: 1,828|| US Revenues: $190.8 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2003|
Perks and Programs
We asked Pet Partners, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Monthly Incentives: Monthly incentives paid to every employee if certain revenue goals are met.
- Continuing Education: We have paid time off and funds available for employees to continue their education.
- Doctor Communication Training: 10 times a year, we sponsor "frank" training for our veterinarians to participate in.
- Pet benefits: We provide up to $700 of free pet health care per year for our employees as well as discounted foods, medications, etc. We offer free wellness/illness pet visits and one free dental cleaning per year.
- Christmas funds: We provide our hospitals with $100 per employee per year to use for Xmas gifts, parties, etc.
- Pet Partners University: We have an intranet site where employees can register for trainings, view past webinars, and get up to date!
- Reception/Technician Training: Functional skills and leadership training for paraprofessional staff.
- Medical Mentorship: A training program where boarded specialty veterinarians teach their advanced skills to our community practices to enhance medicine.
- Medical Externship: Members of our veterinary community can travel to sophisticated specialty locations to learn advanced medical techniques.
- Leadership Summit: Annually, we gather our home office and field leadership together to celebrate culture, greatness, medicine and leadership!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $36,041 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Technician|| $101,328 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Veterinarian|
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 8 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 20 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 8 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||90 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|90 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||90 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $69,179 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Pet Partners, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Personality and a good cultural fit. We hire "will" over "skill" and believe that the right fit just needs a good mentor and will be successful.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show their personality and love for animals!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We have a laser sharp focus on technicians and veterinarians.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our career page to view open opportunities or contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org . We can talk about their hopes and desires for their future career!
| 554 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 1% Job Growth|
| 1 Average applicants per opening|| 400 Total job applicants|
| 25% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 27% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 59% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|