What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Pet Partners, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Since June of 2003, Pet Partners has specialized in purchasing neighborhood veterinary hospitals and providing them with centralized business management services that help relieve the many organizational burdens of practice ownership.
About this Company
| Website: www.petpartnersusa.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Wilton, New York|| US Sites: 61|
| US Employees: 1,390|| US Revenues: $93.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2003|
Perks and Programs
We asked Pet Partners, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Monthly Incentives: Monthly incentives paid to every employee if certain revenue goals are met.
- Continuing Education: We have paid time off and funds available for employees to continue their education.
- Doctor Communication Training: 6 times a year, we sponsor "frank" training for our veterinarians to participate in.
- Pet benefits: We provide up to $600 of free pet health care per year for our employees as well as discounted foods, medications, etc.
- Christmas funds: We provide our hospitals with $100 per employee per year to use for Xmas gifts, parties, etc.
- Pet Partners University: We have an intranet site where employees can register for trainings, view past webinars, and get up to date!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $30,240 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Technician|| $97,400 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Veterinarian|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Phased retirement planning (5% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave||30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|90 days Job-protected paternity leave||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Breast cancer screening
- Skin cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Pet Partners, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
They should be passionate about pets, innovative, flexible, creative and hardworking!
| 49% Job Growth|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|