What Employees Say
People avoid politicking and backstabbing as ways to get things done.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
You can count on people to cooperate.
Management shows appreciation for good work and extra effort.
What They Do
We asked Panopto to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Panopto is the fastest-growing provider of video software for training, teaching, and presenting. Since 2007, we’ve helped businesses improve the efficiency of their training efforts, reduce costs, and improve employee productivity through the use of video.
About this Company
| Website: www.panopto.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, 98104|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15203|| US Employees: 82|
| Employees Worldwide: 115|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Panopto to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Chatter Groups: Given the multiple offices and people working from home offices, we use Chatter groups to keep people connected. These include work-related topics such as marketing or system status updates as well as groups sharing pet photos, prom pictures and local events. Recently we also had a naming contest for our expanded conference rooms.
- Demo Friday: Each Friday the development team assembles to demonstrate the features and back end innovations they have created during the week. This is a highlight and capstone event for the office and attended by the CEO and other leaders.
- Learning: We provide free and unrestricted access to thousands of online learning content hours as well as our own internally-developed video content. Three new cohort-based training curricula custom-developed: Project Management, Customer Service & New Leaders that blend online learning, team assignments and individual on-the-job practice.
- Personal Use of Panopto: Each employee at Panopto is able to have a personal site to use for their own purposes. This not only gets us using the platform, it helps in our personal lives. One employee uses it to support his personal karate teaching efforts.
- Total Rewards Portfolio: We have made and continue to make adjustments to our total rewards offerings in line with a philosophy to tie rewards to the relevant motivations for our roles. This includes cash and non-cash incentives tied to metrics, performance goals and a blend of short-term and long-term incentives.
- Work space: Our physical offices are a huge indication of our company culture and what we value. In Seattle you will see informal spaces, quiet spaces, free fresh fruit from Pike Market, up-to-date equipment and some remnants of a scrappy start-up all within two floors of historic Smith Tower. In Pittsburgh we are building out new spaces in an industrial/commercial area with accessible bike paths, river walks and free ice cream sandwiches. Oh, and you’ll see dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- Parental Leave & Vacation: We recently expanded our vacation and sick leave policy to provide more weeks to start (about 5 plus holidays) and tenure-based additions including a sabbatical amount at year 10. In addition, we have a paid parental leave policy for both mothers and fathers with options for flexible return-to-work arrangements.
- Leadership Awards: Panopto doesn’t just have leadership principles in the employee handbook - they live in our culture. One example is the quarterly leadership awards (3) given at our company town halls. These are coveted awards given to those individuals who really stood out in the focus on customers, innovation and ownership.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 6 weeks Paid sabbatical after 10 year(s) of employment|| 28 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (50% use it)
- Telecommute option (50% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (60% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Onsite food and drinks)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||20 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 6 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Panopto for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Growth-oriented and not thinking only about the current role but also where it could lead. Customer-obsessed in their approach to the work, interactions and innovations. Ok with fast pace and changing requirements when it makes sense. Up to facing unknown challenges and willing to dive in to tackle them. Wants to work with a team and collaborate vs. being "right." Flexible, adaptable and constant learner - fascinated with a challenge. Wicked smart and humble about it.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Does their research - understands what our product does and how it is used by our customers.
Forward-thinking - brings genuine interest on making things better.
Asks thoughtful questions they couldn’t find answers to themselves.
Able to articulate how working at Panopto fits their career goals.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our hiring plans are centered around what will help drive the growth and expansion of our customer base: software engineers and related roles in development - building out a balanced team of those with deep expertise and others with the aptitude to go far. Customer support engineers that understand how to solve technical issues with audiences of varying technical capability. Marketing talent spanning customer advocacy all the way to technical product analyst briefings.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website and careers page
Apply online to a specific position or general application
Check out our reviews on glassdoor (they're real)
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 17% Job Growth|
| 100 Average applicants per opening|| 1,500 Total job applicants|
| 17% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|