What Employees Say
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked Oxford PharmaGenesis, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Oxford PharmaGenesis is an independent HealthScience communications consultancy that has built a reputation for high-quality thinking, careful crafting of outstanding scientific content, and exemplary client service. Our core deliverables include publications, congress activities, advisory meetings/live events, digital solutions, and strategic medical communications/health economics guidance. Learn more at www.pharmagenesis.com.
About this Company
| Industry: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals|| US Headquarters: Newtown, Pennsylvania, 18940|
| US Sites: 1|| US Employees: 29|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2004|
Perks and Programs
We asked Oxford PharmaGenesis, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Nature of the work: As an intrinsic part of the job, employees are trusted and given responsibility to lead programs that actively can improve the lives of patients with a wide range of debilitating and/or life-threatening disorders.
- Professional Growth: Employees are encouraged to attend professional meetings related to our industry (eg, ISMPP, ISPOR, TIPPA, MAPS); additionally, we will pay to send employees to 1 congress/year in their therapeutic area of expertise to demonstrate our commitment to their continued education and mastery of this area. Operations and other staff are also encouraged to attend training/seminars to further their career growth.
- Accreditation Support: Employees are reimbursed for all costs associated with professional accreditation and are given 2 days to study. Membership of professional societies is also supported.
- Fundraising: Employees are encouraged to raise funds for medical and health-related charities, for which the company provides matched funding.
- Extended Maternity Leave: Our maternity leave policy is more generous than the bare minimum set by the US government, allowing for both greater compensation and time off.
- Paternity Leave: Two weeks of paid paternity leave is available to those eligible.
- Extraordinary Bonus: In recognition of the hard work of all our employees, we are distributing a 1-time, extra bonus this June (equivalent to an extra paycheck).
- Social Events: Regular social events are planned throughout the year to allow for the opportunity for team members to bond, connect, and discuss life outside of work.
- New Office Benefits: Employees are currently weighing in on new benefits that will be incorporated into the design and construction of our new office.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (15% use it)
- Telecommute option (17% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (New building under development, will contain: library, treadmill desks, coffee/tea/cappuccino, BBQ area, private area for prayer/quiet/wellness, free food ~1 or 2 times/month. Additional perks under consideration as we construct the new site.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Oxford PharmaGenesis, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Candidates who succeed at Oxford PharmaGenesis, Inc. are those who have an incredible attention to detail, profound desire to perform, and are a match for the company's culture of mutual respect and fostering happiness. Our standards are high, but this helps ensure that those who meet the criteria are a part of a like-minded, high-performance organization.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Acquiring experience in communications (perhaps in a freelance capacity) and participating in leadership activities in an academic or voluntary setting would be useful in gaining the attention of our organization.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Prospective candidates should e-mail Brian Falcone at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our US operation. Candidates can also visit our website at www.pharmagenesis.com for more information about opportunities.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 45% Job Growth|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 10 Recent graduates hired|
| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|