What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
We have special and unique benefits here.
What They Do
We asked Owens Healthcare to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Owens Healthcare is a customer service and employee empowered business which includes Retail, Compounding, Infusion and Long Term Care Pharmacies; as well as Medical Equipment, servicing towns throughout the North State of California.
About this Company
| Website: www.myowens.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Redding, California, 96001|| US Sites: 21|
| US Employees: 172|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1957|
Perks and Programs
We asked Owens Healthcare to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Values In Practice: Owens Healthcare rewards employees with VIP Nominations for exemplifying the company values. VIP nominations are entered into a monthly drawing for $100 Gift Cards, Grand Prizes AND Owens apparel!
- Wellness Reimbursement: Owens Healthcare employees can get up to $250 in Wellness Reimbursement for just about anything that gets them (and their families) up and active. In the past, employees have utilized this benefit for bicycles, paddle boards and gym memberships.
- Education Reimbursement: Owens Employees can receive up to $1000.00 in education reimbursement. Covered expenses are continuing education courses and courses related to your position.
- Culture Kick Up Events: Each month Owens hosts a "Culture Kick Up Event", usually in the form of a contest! Winners receive gifts and/or lunches for their departments. Some examples of these events are: Biggest Loser, Breakroom Makeover, Halloween Costume Contest, Ugly Sweater Contest, etc
- Holiday Party: Each year Owens Healthcare hosts an over the top Holiday Party for all their employees to enjoy. Holiday Parties are themed, for example 2016's theme was Game Night and featured large inflatable games (gladiator, an obstacle course, etc). At each year's party we raffle off over 15 individual prizes, a grand prize vacation as well as present service awards.
- Day in the Field: Owens offers their employees the chance to shadow their fellow co workers for up to half a day. This program allows employees who are interested in a career change a chance to actually see what other positions in the company are like!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $33,820 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Pharmacy Technician|| $55,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager|
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $300 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $1,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 22 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 5 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $53,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Owens Healthcare for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are all about WOW!, our customer service initiative! We look for employees who meet the minimum skill level required ( ie- Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician's license), from there we interview for "soft" skills. Is the candidate a go getter? Do they set a priority on making things right for the customer? Do they seem engaged in our conversation or are they just here for a job? We want employees with a passion for delivering great service and feel a great deal of satisfaction when the job is done right. We aren't too much into egos at Owens, we expect an excellent level of WOW! customer service internally as well as externally.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We want dedicated, hard working and personable people to work for Owens. A candidate with a smile, sunny disposition and is smart really catches our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Not at this time.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to our website and check out our careers page at www.myowens.com
| 43 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 12 Average applicants per opening|
| 588 Total job applicants|| 6% New hires by employee referrals|
| 10% Openings filled by current employees|| 10 Recent graduates hired|
| 9% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 64% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|