What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People care about each other here.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Oildex to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Oildex's software solutions enable companies in the oil and gas industry to collect, distribute, manage, and analyze business data. We offer a community and framework for oil and gas companies, their partners, and suppliers to conduct business over the Internet.
About this Company
| Website: www.oildex.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, 80202|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Houston, Texas, 77042|| US Employees: 113|
| US Revenues: $0 million|| Employees Worldwide: 165|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1999|
Perks and Programs
We asked Oildex to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Lunch with CEO: Our CEO visits each worksite at least quarterly, has lunch with the employees, provides a brief update on the business, and takes any and all questions from employees. This promotes our goal of transparency, gives employees regular access to senior leadership, and keeps management connected with all employees.
- Social Committee: Our employee led social committees coordinate at least one outside the office event each quarter, as well as smaller events in the office throughout the year. Recent examples are Top Golf outing and MLB game attendance.
- Town Hall Meetings: At these quarterly meetings, our CEO, CFO, and other company leaders share information on our business, goals, objectives, and financials. At this time we also recognize our new hires and anyone who has been promoted since the last company meeting.
- Star Awards: Recognition program. Employees or leaders can nominate other employees for these awards recognizing above and beyond service. Each quarter, a winner is selected from each location. All of the nominees, and the winners, are announced at our quarterly town hall meetings. Winners receive an engraved lucite award and have their name added to a plaque in the lobby.
- Wellness Committee and Events: Our wellness committee provides fresh fruit to the offices and coordinates other events such as quarterly chair massages, lunch and learns, contests, and more.
- Birthday Celebrations: Each month, all employees are invited to a birthday celebration honoring anyone who wishes to be recognized. We rotate desserts for this celebration; last month we had cake, next month we are having an ice cream sundae bar, and in July we are having root beer floats.
- Volunteer Program: We provide 16 hours of paid volunteer time each calendar year, and at least 8 hours of that is done as a team. We are also implementing a gift matching program.
- Service Anniversary Awards: Every quarter, we recognize employees with a service anniversary that quarter. All employees received a certificate of appreciation signed by our CEO, and employees with milestone anniversaries (3, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) can select an award gift. Items range from apparel to electronics to crystal.
- Holiday Celebrations: We do a great job celebrating holidays big and small. At our annual holiday party in December, employees and guests can socialize after hours- last year Houston took a riverboat cruise! In Denver, we host Turkey Works in November and provide a Thanksgiving meal the week before that holiday. We celebrate smaller holidays as well like Valentine's Day and the first day of summer.
- Food: Employees love food! In our main office, we have breakfast burritos brought in every other Friday, and also have a daily cold cereal bar. We have regular fruit deliveries, and various themed snacks throughout the year. Examples include heart healthy snacks on Valentine's Day, a burrito bar on Cinco de Mayo, and tailgate themed items during football season.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 3% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||89% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 69% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (30% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (70% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (food, fitness classes, massage, game room and alcohol coming soon)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||15 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||15 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||15 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 16 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| Sr. Revenue Accountant Leads environmental impact team|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Oildex for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Of course, we look at skills, qualification, and experience. Assuming those are met, we look for individuals who have an interest in continued growth, work well in a team environment, and are excited about providing a spectacular experience for our external and internal customers.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Reach out to express interest in our organization, and tell us why they are a good fit for the team. Industry experience is preferred in many areas, but relevant skills and enthusiam are critical across the board.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
IT (especially development), marketing and sales
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check us out online (our website and social media), reach out and tell us why they are interested.
| 30 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 16% Job Growth|
| 80 Average applicants per opening|| 4,000 Total job applicants|
| 15% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 4 Recent graduates hired|| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|