What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked ODL, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, ODL was founded in 1945. The company manufactures a variety of products, including decorative and clear doorglass, enclosed blinds, retractable screens and doorglass frames, all products designed to build value into building products.
About this Company
| Website: www.odl.com|| Industry: Manufacturing & Production|
| US Headquarters: Zeeland, Michigan, 49464|| US Sites: 11|
| Major Locations: Gallatin, Tennessee; Brownsville, Texas; Valdosta, Georgia; Reno, Nevada; Dallas, Texas; Hagerstown, Maryland|| US Employees: 464|
| US Revenues: $210 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $235.4 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 1,063|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1945|
Perks and Programs
We asked ODL, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- EDUCATION TUITION ASSISTANCE: An annual amount of $5,250 reimbursement for approved college course work. Employees are eligible after completing 90 days of service.
- 401K MATCH: ODL wants to help you prepare for retirement. We offer a great match for those employees who are also planning for their future. ODL will match 100% of the first 4% you contribute and 50% of the next 2% you contribute. What does this mean? If you contribute 6%, ODL will contribute 5%.
- HEALTH CLUB: To encourage wellness and wellbeing, ODL subsidizes a portion of employees’ health club memberships for themselves and their families. The reimbursement is capped at 50% of the membership cost up to following maximums: Single $25.00/mo; Couple $50.00/mo; Family $50.00/mo.
- EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTION COMMITTEE: ODL offers a match for time and money that any employee volunteers for or donates to a 501(c)3 organization. Specifically, ODL matches $1 for every $1 that an employee donates and $25/hour for time that an employee volunteers to a 501(c)3 organization.
- NANCY FUND COMMITTEE: How can your co-workers help you out? The Nancy Fund is an employee assistance fund for unforeseen time of hardship when the employee has exhausted all options. The Nancy Fund assists in emergencies such as fire, death, medical emergencies, pending eviction, utility shut-off, no car, etc.
- HEALTHY EMPLOYEE BONUS: Do you have your physical done annually? Can you spend 15 minutes completing a quick online health assessment? If so, you are eligible to receive a $200 contribution to your health savings account or as a payroll bonus. And if you are married, your spouse is eligible too.
- EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM: Our employees often know several potential candidates who are qualified for positions within ODL. If you know someone who would be a good addition to ODL and they meet the qualifications for an existing open position, you may be awarded $2,000 (less taxes) if you refer them for employment and they are hired. When is the 2K paid? If your referred candidate is hired you will be awarded a total of $2,000; with $1,000 to be paid one month after the date of hire of the referred candidate. Final payment of $1,000 will be paid six months after the referred candidates date of hire.
- TURKEYS: Thanksgiving turkeys for all ODL employees! ODL will provide a Turkey or equivalent prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- BONUS/COMPANY PROFIT SHARING: Bonus payout based on company’s attainment of performance goals; payable three times annually.
- TELEMED: Going to the doctor for a minor illness can be quite an inconvenience, and you can’t always get there from 8 am to 5 pm. ODL employees on our benefit plan through BCBS of Michigan can now access virtual medical through American Well…24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $38,278 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Assembler|| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary|
| $5,250 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (50% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Wellness program, Investment consulting, Annual health fair, LERN to promote personal & employment success)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $300,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked ODL, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We encourage candidates to research our company and our core values. If you want to make a difference in someone's life, you may be a fit for ODL. People who are successful at ODL are hardworking, caring, humble, talented and hold themselves to high standards (accountable). You should have the ability to develop strong work relationships with the team and internal/external customer. ODL's core values are Solid, Soft and Risky.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We are looking for high performing caring individuals that want to make a difference in someone's life.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for Product Engineers that have demonstrated success in the innovation arena and are ready for a challenge.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
The best way to find out about openings at ODL is to go to our website, nagivate to About ODL and go to our Careers page. When you find a position that peeks your interest, just email your resume to email@example.com. Please put the position name in the subject line so your submission won't be missed.
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 3% Job Growth|
| 5 Average applicants per opening|| 600 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 35% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|