What Employees Say
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
What They Do
We asked O'NEILL'S POOLS to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Service is our top priority, and it doesn’t stop at pool cleaning and repair. As a local business, we care about our community and believe in giving back to the neighborhoods we serve.
About this Company
| Website: oneillspools.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Lakeway, Texas, 78734|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 13|| US Revenues: $1.4 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $1.4 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1993|
Perks and Programs
We asked O'NEILL'S POOLS to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Life Insurance: $75,000 life insurance policies are available to all full time employees after 90 days of employment, 100% covered by O'Neill's.
- Serve Our City Weekends: Volunteer work opportunities offered multiple times per year. Employees partner with local non-profits and offer a helping hand and unique skill set to our neighbors in need. Employees are paid for their time and have the option to donate their wage for the day to the organization we are serving. Families, significant others welcome and we love getting to know one another better this way and together we have been able to do some serious good! Matching shirts say things like "Service is my superpower" and "I brake for high-fives".
- Water Guardians: Safety Ambassadors: Our team has been trained in various programs concerning water safety and partner with Colin's Hope, a local drowning prevention non-profit at many community events. Being in over 400 backyards with pools and spas, our team helps save lives by equipping homeowners and families with educational tools and in-person programs. Unique to O'Neill's Pools, The Backyard Safety Checklist is a service we offer free of charge to all clients and ANY resident of Lakeway as a public service.
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance: Accident, Cancer,Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, Dental and Vision plans available to all full time employees after 90 days with a very small monetary contribution by the employee.
- Taco Tuesday: Breakfast tacos and coffee provided at the weekly team meeting. Because tacos make topics like chemical safety so much better and we believe that great customer service begins with a tasty breakfast from the best place in town.
- O'Neill's H2O Connection: H2O: 2 parts Heart, 1 part Obsession. We deeply care for our team and our community. We are obsessed with water care. We know that at work, at home and in our community, what we do each day makes a difference and we have to decide what kind of difference we want to make. We care so much about awakening the difference makers in each of us that we recently gave everyone in the company $1/hr raise for two months to explore what makes it a great day at work. Is it work/life balance for you? Is it meaningful connection? Is it knowing that you are a problem solver and water chemistry wizard? Is knowing that your team has your back? YES. We discovered all of that. We celebrate your birthday, know your favorite comfort food and we'll ask about that concert because we care. That's the H2O way.
- Party Barge: Once a year we rent a party barge and spend the day on Lake Travis with our families. BBQ, music, water slides and cannon balls bring this water obsessed crew great joy.
- Crystal Clear Career Advancement: Ready to dive in to your career? We'll help you develop the skills you need! In fact you'll be swimming in opportunity. We want each person on board to reach personal and career goals. We have a clear road map for advancement within O'Neill's and offer a variety of educational opportunities (local and Nationwide) to advance your overall career. We offer paid time off for career related classes to all full time employees and we pay for trade certification courses after one year of employment.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $39,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Service technician|| $50,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Management|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 9 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $7,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
How to Get Hired
We asked O'NEILL'S POOLS for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Joy and kindness shine bright around here. People who enthusiastically agree with and demonstrate the following company standards/ Ethos are generally a good fit:
Be an example of professionalism. Be on time, don't waste time and do it right the first time
Support O’Neill’s Pools policies and practices, as well as supporting a goodwill team environment. Make your team proud!
Be committed to ongoing training and honing your skills
Actively strive to exceed customers’ expectations at all times. Work hard. Be nice.
Exercise both empathy and expertise in communicating with customers always. In the store, in the feild and on the phone
Always be honest, knowledgeable and friendly. Foster trust and reliability in solving pool and spa problems
Be a model employee in appearance as well as supporting the O’Neill’s team in any way you. We all share the responsibility that every person who comes in contact with O’Neill’s pools receives a professional, knowledgeable and effective experience
| 4 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -13% Job Growth|
| 10 Average applicants per opening|| 50 Total job applicants|
| 1% New hires by employee referrals|| 2% Openings filled by current employees|
| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|