What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I am offered training or development to further myself professionally.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Navigator Management Partners to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We employ highly skilled consultants that solve business challenges by implementing IT and management solutions, including Strategy, Program/Project Management, Organizational Change Management, Business Intelligence, Business Analysis and Process Design, Testing and Deployment, & Solution Architecture. We solve business challenges that improve operational performance and drive sustainable results.
About this Company
| Website: www.navmp.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Columbus, Ohio, 43212|| US Sites: 6|
| Major Locations: Columbus, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Baltimore, Maryland; Phoenix, Arizona; Cleveland, Ohio; Boston, Massachusetts|| US Employees: 165|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|| Founded: 2001|
Perks and Programs
We asked Navigator Management Partners to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Navigator Supports Diversity: Every Navigator comes from a uniquely special, but equal, background. It is in the spirit of uniqueness that we aim to provide opportunities to educate and celebrate our individual differences. At Navigator, Diversity and Inclusion are not just finite initiatives based on race, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation, but a respectful celebration of the rich tapestry of ideas, perspectives, and activities that each Navigator holds true to his or her personal culture. We approach Diversity and Inclusion from a holistic view and have a programming series that celebrates the fact that richly unique individuals are the engines that make Navigator a great place to work. This programming includes bringing in speakers to present everything from the “evolution of Hip Hop” to international team dinners.
- Socially Responsible: Our empowering culture allows us to support non-profit organizations that employees propose to an employee-run Charitable Board. This is an important part of our model because we recognize that people respond to and connect differently based on mission, need, and means of engagement. As a result, over 90% of our employees engage in Navigator's initiatives to serve the communities where we live and work.
- Women in Leadership: Navigator established its Women in Leadership (WIL) program over five years ago. WIL’s mission is to advance the professional and personal development of women at Navigator. Partnering with other women organizations has become instrumental in building out and expanding the programs available.
Here is a recent example of a Navigator female voice being heard by extending the maternity leave policy an additional two weeks and allowing for employees to “cash in” vacation days,
“…I saw an opportunity for Navigator to be doing a better job in supporting our new parents. I did some research, learned that what Navigator was offering was lagging our competitors, and brought this opportunity in front of Navigator leadership. I am happy to report that my voice was heard.“
- Supporting Working Parents: Navigator policies provide working parents the support they need to be successful both personally and professionally. Depending on your tenure with the organization, employees accrue anywhere from 120 - 160 hours of paid vacation each year. Also, Navigator does not track or restrict sick time for employees. If you need sick time you are strongly encouraged to take the time and get well. In addition, Navigator offers 4 days of sick time per year to care for sick children. Lastly, Navigator offers Health and Wellness benefits that extend beyond the employee to the entire family.
- Millennial Analyst Development Program: Navigator will hire a selective, highly-visible cohort into our new Analyst Development Program each year. Analysts will develop depth in one core and breadth across all Navigator capabilities. They will also benefit from the mentorship of an experienced Navigator on-site at the client, an assigned mentor outside their day-to-day work, and regular support from a program manager. The program is a great place for an entrepreneurial new professional to help shape the Analyst experience and the future of their own career.
- Professional Development Investment: While increasing the competency and effectiveness of our employees is a logical factor to support funding professional development but Navigator also recognizes these programs boost morale by positioning our employees to advance their careers through acquiring new skills. Navigator is proud to provide $5,000 annually to each employee to support their unique goals for professional development.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $127,618 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Senior Consultant||81% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 81% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $30,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $30,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 12 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 15 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (30% use it)
- Telecommute option (20% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (10% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (62% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Coffee
On-Site Happy Hour
Refreshments (soda, water, tea)
Shower & Locker Room
Employee Break Area
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||28 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|70 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$2,500 Adoption benefit||84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|28 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| $204,535 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $25,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Vice President of HR is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- 3 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Navigator Management Partners for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Navigator looks for candidates who enjoy and value professional development and is always trying to learn and grow. We look for a person who is involved in the community, giving back to the community and charitable events. We encourage the ability to be flexible and take on various roles at client sites and within the company. Navigator aspires to employ associates who are entrepreneurial and want to be a part of a growing and developing as a company.
Longevity at their previous company is also a characteristic we seek as well as the desire to mentor others and help them grow. We embrace someone who is excited to be a part of a company that is constantly changing and growing and adapting.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Our company is looking for someone who has researched Navigator and knows about us prior to a conversation. We seek those who can easily talk about their background as it relates to Navigator and our core capabilities. We are searching for someone who understands consulting and what it entails even if they don't have prior consulting experience.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We continue to focus on hiring consultants with expertise in our core capabilities. As we continue to grow we are looking for consultants with Cloud- Workday, Oracle and SuccessFactors, Change Management, Project Management, Business Intelligence and all around experienced Management Consultants.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Apply on our website. Take the time to research our website. Go to Navigator events. Follow Navigator on Twitter and Facebook. Connect with Navigators on LinkedIn.
| 74 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 31% Job Growth|
| 16 Average applicants per opening|| 696 Total job applicants|
| 44% New hires by employee referrals|| 18% Openings filled by current employees|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 28% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|