National Mortgage Insurance Corporation (National MI), a subsidiary of NMI Holdings, Inc., is a U.S.-based, private mortgage insurer enabling low down payment borrowers to realize home ownership while protecting lenders and investors against losses related to a borrower's default.
How to Get Hired
We asked National MI for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
1. Enthusiastic and Collaborative: Ideal candidates are approachable, positive and work extremely well in teams.
2. Customer service-oriented: The best candidates have a true customer service orientation and will consistently provide excellent service to both external and internal customers.
3. Flexible & Driven: In our quickly growing business, the top candidates know how to go with the flow, excel in a changing business environment and exude a positive attitude.
4. Innovative: National MI highly values candidates who are able to develop fresh ideas and who can bring something new to our products or processes.
5. Energetic with a focus on integrity: We look for energetic candidates who would thrive in a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization and who decide and act with integrity in all matters.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We love to come across candidates who are already thinking about ways they could contribute to National MI. They have taken the time to become very familiar with our company and what we do, and know they have certain strengths and skills that will help National MI continue to grow. It’s a different mindset than a potential candidate who comes in simply to answer questions. The candidates who have put a good deal of thought into how they can make a difference at National MI stand out from the others.
We also look for candidates with enthusiasm and passion, who want a new challenge and to broaden their skill set. It’s refreshing to meet with prospective employees who truly love what they do, and are eager to bring that enthusiasm to National MI. The ability to work well with others is also something we look for as we stress collaboration.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking to hire great people. This coming year, we are looking to add to our innovative IT department, our customer service-oriented operations staff, as well as insurance operations.
Most of our hiring is through employee referrals. We’ve found very talented people through those referrals.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can learn more by visiting our website at nationalmi.com. For more about our benefits and a list of specific job openings, candidates can find more information at nationalmi.com/careers. National MI recently launched its latest careers video “Culture of Opportunity” to help prospective employees gain insight to the National MI employee experience. View at nationalmi.com/community-outreach/