What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job."
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Nacogdoches Memorial Health to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
As a Certified Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center, Level III Trauma Center, and Level III NICU, Nacogdoches Memorial Health is the only health system of its kind in Deep East Texas! We’ve been recognized as Best Hospital, Best ER and Best Place to Have a Baby in Nacogdoches.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.nacmem.org/|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Nacogdoches, Texas, 75961|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Nacogdoches, Texas, 75961|| US Employees: 863|
| US Revenues: $76.7 million|| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|
| Founded: 1928|
Perks and Programs
We asked Nacogdoches Memorial Health to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- H20: This program is designed to help our team members who are in need. Or to help a person or family that is connected to a team member. A group of employees come together and generate ideas to raise funds for things such as Thanksgiving meals, Christmas gifts, winter clothes for needy, etc.
- Close to Home: Our United Way sponsorship creates funds that go directly to help our own team members in time of need. We have helped more than 6 team members per year with cancer treatment bills, and other financial burdens.
- Employee Health Initiative: We offer free screenings to our employees each year to help keep them on track with their health. We offer leadership and guidance for maintaining or obtaining the healthy lifestyle they need. In addition to free screenings, we offer deep discounts for mammograms and heart healthy scans.
- Auxiliary Scholarship: Each semester, our Auxiliary provides a scholarship for nursing students who are currently working at our facility.
- Partnership with Healthy Nacogdoches Coalition: This partnership allows our team members to be involved in promoting a healthy community. Our team members volunteer at events and promote wellness.
- Tobacco Cessation: Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is a tobacco free facility and we care about helping our team members and community with kicking the habit. We offer tobacco cessation kits as well as education and support.
- Employee Recognition Program: Each month we recognize one employee who has been nominated by another team member or team members for a WOW moment. We recognize this employee at the monthly board meetings as well as publish an article in our semi-monthly newsletter. Each WOW winner is placed in a drawing for $1000 to be given at the employee appreciation banquet each Spring.
- Diabetic Teaching: We offer free diabetic education classes to the community.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $28 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Registered Nurse|| $42 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Director|
|70% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||25 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $60,000,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Nacogdoches Memorial Health for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for work ethic, values and stability in work history. We strive to find team members who are dedicated to the facility and will not be one to sit while others do the work. We look for initiative and excitement.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be prompt, polite and energized.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to our website at www.nacmem.org and click on the "Careers" link. This link will take you to the job listings!
| 75 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 5% Job Growth|
| 4 Average applicants per opening|| 2,150 Total job applicants|
| 50% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 50 Recent graduates hired|| 14% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 24% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|