Mud Bay is the largest pet retailer that calls the Pacific NW home. Our employee owners provide people who care for dogs and cats with useful advice, healthy foods and well-made supplies in stores throughout Washington and Oregon.
How to Get Hired
We asked Mud Bay for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
* You care for a cat or a dog or (better still) both.
* You have a curious mind, a generous heart, a passionate spirit and a positive outlook.
* You're honest, straightforward and BS-free.
* You're empathetic and a good listener.
* You empower others and assume their good intentions.
* You lead by example.
* You like to work hard, you follow through and you make teams stronger.
* You have a sense of humor, and you're fun to work with.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
* Learn about Mud Bay by spending time in our stores, reading our website and asking us questions.
* Figure out if you and Mud Bay really are a good fit for one another before you apply.
* Be yourself, be real.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We open new stores every year so we're always looking to hire store staff, shift leads, key holders, inventory leads, store managers, assistant store managers and managers in training.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our stores. Get a feeling for Mud Bay. Talk with staff and ask them questions. Visit our website (www.mudbay.com) and learn about Mud Bay in the Our Company section.
If Mud Bay feels like it would be a great fit for you, then go to the Careers section of our website. You can locate a position you're interested in and apply for it. You will need to click "Perform Search" on the "Search Current Openings" tab to see all available positions. Once you've set up a Job Profile, you'll be able to apply for one or more positions. Or you can set a Job Agent and we'll send you an email when a specific position you're interested in becomes available.