What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Movement Mortgage to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Movement Mortgage is one of the fastest growing mortgage companies in the country. Founded in 2008, Movement now employs more than 4,000 people and has more than 500 branches in the U.S. spanning across 47 states.
About this Company
| Website: www.movement.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Fort Mill, South Carolina, 29707|| US Sites: 730|
| Major Locations: Norfolk, Virginia, 23502; Tempe, Arizona, 85283|| US Employees: 4,175|
| US Revenues: $579.9 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $579.9 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked Movement Mortgage to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Virgin Pulse Wellness Program: Employees are asked to complete an Health Risk Assesment, conduct company-paid biometric screening, have an annual physical and participate in daily, weekly, & monthly physical challenges to earn insurance premium discounts and gift cards. Employees can earn up to $1,200/year. We provide Swag at various completion levels including step tracking gadgets, clothing, and water bottles.
- Financial Health Perks: Each year employees participate in a quarter-long challenges to improve their financial health. In 2016, Movement kicked off its #LoseAMillion campaign and after 90 days, Movement employees reported a paying off a collective $2.8 Million in consumer debt and saved $1.4 Million in emergency funds. That was a $5,400 average per participant. In 2017, #SaveABillion challenged employees to make changes to their savings by increasing their participation in the company 401k program. Movement matches 100% of employee contributions, up to 6% of an employee's pay, vested immediately. Employees were asked to take the Financial Finesse personal financial assessment and then the Principal Retirement readiness test. Participants were provided with company-paid one-on-one consultations with a personal financial advisor. Participation in company 401k increased by 28%.
- The Thrive Department : Movement has an entire department dedicated to the financial health, physical health, relational health and community involvement for employees. The Thrive department focuses on initiatives that love and value employees as individuals and wants them to have the opportunities to thrive, both professionally and personally. The Thrive staff builds out the programs and events that, when added together, make Movement a great and loving place to work.
- Raving Fans: Employees are encouraged to send an email when someone provides exceptional customer service. That email is forwarded to the employee and their supervisor and they are provided with a bobble-head Raving Fan Pen. Each Friday morning, a group are read publicly at each ops center and recipients get a $25 gift card. One recipient per month gets an ipad mini, and some are shared in the company intranet.
- Phoenix Water Bottle Drive: Each year, employees purchase water bottles for the Phoenix Rescue Mission. They are given to the homeless. In 2017, employees purchased 440,000 bottles of water and the Foundation provided a $150,000 grant to accompany the water.
- Matched Giving: Any contributions made by employees to approved organizations are matched by Movement Mortgage. One organization is chosen per quarter to benefit from the matched giving by Movement Mortgage. One of the biggest examples of matched giving is Toys for Tots. Each year, employees donation funds to spend on toys in support of Toys for Tots. Donating employees are entered into a drawing to spend an hour toy shopping. Last year, employees spent over $132,000 in employee donations and Foundation match in 4 cities. Employee volunteer hours are also matched with a monetary donation by Movement. Other matched giving organizations include Samaritan's Feet and Convoy of Hope.
- Love Works: 60% of employees contribute via payroll deduction which is matched by the Foundation to create a fund that is used to assist employees going through hardship. The fund is administered confidentiality by the Movement Foundation and in 2016, 366 employees received grant funds of almost $1 Million dollars.
- VERG- Veteran's Employee Resource Group: An employee-led group providing support and encouragement to veteran employees and families of deployed service members. Quarterly appreciation events are held in operations centers.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||55% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 55% cost coverage is offered to employees that take advantage of the wellness rate. Those that do not, receive 40% of their premium payed by Movement.)|
| 55% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 55% cost coverage is offered to employees that take advantage of the wellness rate. Those that do not, receive 40% of their premium payed by Movement.)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 8 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 25 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 8 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (50% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (40% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Fitness Classes
ON-site car detailing
Dry cleaning delivery
Free weekly breakfast
Self-improvement lunch & learns)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $9,563,982 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $471,912 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 10 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Movement Mortgage for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Adaptable, servant-minded, positive, determined and teachable.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Movement is still in growth mode and is actively hiring, mostly for jobs in sales-related positions. In 2017 YTD we have added a net 232 new full-time employees. We are forecasting net 586 new employees by the end of 2017.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
| 1,150 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 8% Job Growth|
| 135 Average applicants per opening|| 13,890 Total job applicants|
| 45% New hires by employee referrals|| 30% Openings filled by current employees|
| 11 Recent graduates hired|| 28% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|