What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management is competent at running the business.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management has a clear view of where the organization is going and how to get there.
What They Do
We asked Moss & Associates, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Moss is a national privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions that focus on construction management at-risk, design-build, and public-private partnerships. The company’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including high-rise residential, mixed-use, hospitality, education, justice and solar energy.
About this Company
| Website: www.mosscm.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33311|| US Sites: 40|
| Major Locations: Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813; El Paso, Texas, 79902; Oceanside, California, 92058; Miami, Florida, 33131; Tampa, Florida, 33609|| US Employees: 538|
| US Revenues: $1,187.8 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $1,221.0 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2004|
Perks and Programs
We asked Moss & Associates, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Hiring - Employee Referrals: Amazing opportunity for employees to earn $1,500 - $10,000 for the hiring of their employee referral. Over $200,000 was provided to employees for referrals in 2016.
- Annual Project Leadership Meeting: Each year, the entire management team from across the country gather in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to engage with the Company's Executive Over half of the organization attends this all expenses paid annual conference at a luxury beachfront resort where they have an opportunity to network with the top executives of the company and receive an in depth update of the organization.
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave: Moss generously provides up to 4 weeks "paid" leave to mothers and fathers to allow bonding with their newborn.
- Moss "Build Up" Intern Program: Moss provides an empowering environment where interns collaborate with a team of fun, entrepreneurial, and spirited individuals. Our paid internships offer hands-on training by dynamic leaders, jobsite tours, innovative tools & technology, medical insurance (after 90 days) and housing allowance, if applicable.
- Moss Women's Initiative: An Employee Resource Group (ERG) with the objective to help Moss be the best place to work for women in construction, specifically, those in non-traditional roles including project management, superintendents, scheduling, safety, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and preconstruction. Unique opportunities are sought out for their professional development, business development, community involvement, recruitment, retention and advancement.
- Employee Events: Moss provides an abundance of opportunities to celebrate and have fun, which supports our Core Values. Each month there is a birthday celebration for complete with snacks and cake. Work anniversaries are announced and associates who have been with the company for 10 years receive an engraved Tag Heuer Watch! Moss purchases seats at sporting events and concerts for groups of employees. The new year is kicked off with a company-wide party.
- Bonus Incentive Plan: Every full-time salaried employee is eligible to receive an employee bonus.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $10,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 18 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 18 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (2% use it)
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Snacks, Beverages, full kitchens, monthly birthday cake parties, birthday and work anniversary lunches, quarterly "Moss Mingle" lunch events, work place patio with picnic facilities, complimentary electric vehicle charge stations, car wash, flower service, event tickets, community outreach)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||35 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Executive Administrative Assistant Leads environmental impact team|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Moss & Associates, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates that possess our Core Values which include honoring relationships, having an entrepreneurial spirit and radiating contagious energy. Moss cultivates an environment that supports the well-being and success of its families and business partners by embracing opportunities, innovating and overcoming challenges together. We strive to work hard, be nice and have fun!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
The Moss culture is so special because of our positive, engaging, caring, competent and collaborative people. Candidates who demonstrate these quaities will always get our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for new talent, and this year, we are focused on building a pipeline for our core operational roles, specifically project management professionals and superintendents.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
For more information, we encourage interested candidates to visit the Careers page on our website - mosscm.com.
| 60 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 13% Job Growth|
| 100 Average applicants per opening|| 5,000 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 15% Openings filled by current employees|
| 17 Recent graduates hired|| 9% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|