What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked MORSECORP, Inc to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are an employee owned company located in the technical hub of Kendall square, just steps away from MIT's campus. We develop customer-focused technology for operational systems, serving the US Department of Defense as well as commercial entities.
About this Company
| Website: www.morsecorp.com|| Industry: Engineering|
| US Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 37|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2014|
Perks and Programs
We asked MORSECORP, Inc to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- New Employee Scotch Presentations: We encourage each new employee to bring in a bottle of their favorite drink (preferably Scotch) to share with the rest of the company, along with a short presentation on the the drink's history (and anything else that might make us laugh). Employees have surprised us with various costumes, food, drinks, and funny demonstrations and stories, giving their future colleagues a great glimpse into their lighter side.
- New Employee Pictures: We ask all new employees to coordinate taking a creative, themed, company-wide photograph. The photographs are posted in the office, providing a visual history of the growth and evolution of MORSE.
- Team Building Activities: MORSE holds periodic team building events to provide shared experiences among employees, increase morale, and form deeper relationships between employees. Within the last year, we sponsored separate company-wide events at Escape the Room and Boda Borg. These two events provided employees the opportunity to collaboratively solve problems in a unique and fun environment that allowed them to stretch their creativity and ingenuity in new ways.
- Anniversary Party: Each year MORSE hosts an anniversary party for all employees and their SOs. This no holds barred event has changed venues every year, but is always at one of Boston's many great restaurants, and always features an open bar, a ridiculous amount of amazing food, and great company late into the night.
- Game Night: MORSE holds a monthly game night that includes company-provided refreshments and a wide array of board games.
- Offsite Lunches: MORSE takes advantage of the warm months in Boston by taking occasional company-wide lunches at various great lunch spots in Boston and Cambridge.
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings: Our CEO holds a quarterly all-hands meeting and an annual stockholder meeting. These meetings are open to all employees and provide fully transparent financial status so employees have visibility into company status, direction, and performance. Employees have the opportunity to ask questions and get updates on strategic vision and corporate decision making such as office space expansions, hiring, financial projections, and technology investments. These meetings are typically followed by a technical presentation that highlights one of our current programs.
- Paper Reading Group: During MORSE's paper reading group, one employee picks an interesting and relevant technical paper to read, distill, and present to the rest of the attendees. This event is typically attended by all employees, and allows them to stay informed on the latest technical developments of our field while having company provided lunch and bonding with colleagues over a tech talk.
- Company-Wide Brainstorming Sessions: We hold various company-wide brainstorming sessions to gather ideas for open-ended topics such as marketing and recruiting. The results of our recent recruiting brainstorming session encouraged us to apply for certification under Great Place to Work!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Fully stocked kitchen, private break-out rooms)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked MORSECORP, Inc for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
-Technical expertise in one area, but ability to contribute and collaborate across a variety technical disciplines
-Passion for the DOD mission
-Gain satisfaction from building real things, testing them operationally, and fielding them
-Working in a collaborative open office environment
-Ownership of your work and commitment to seeing it completed
-Interest in working on multiple diverse project simultaneously
-To fill our leadership positions, we value personnel that have strong technical competence, are able to interact with customers externally and advocate for a larger program vision, and have a history of successfully leading challenging technical programs
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Look at our open positions at http://www.morsecorp.com/jobs.html and apply!
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 52% Job Growth|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|