Momentous Institute, powered by Salesmanship Club of Dallas, strengthens social emotional health of over 6,000 kids and their families yearly through education and mental health services. We build on direct work with families by investing in research and training professionals. The AT&T Byron Nelson golf tournament is their chief fundraiser.
How to Get Hired
We asked Momentous Institute for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
- Qualifications – possesses the knowledge and experience required to meet the demands of the position
- A positive mindset – dedicated life-long learner who relishes new challenges and doesn’t get stuck in always doing the same things the same way
- Humility – able to take a modest approach re: personal contributions while ambitiously pursuing outcomes; able to see value in everyone’s individual contributions
- Internal drive – intrinsically motivated to contribute and continuously improve personal and team performance
- Social emotional health –manages emotions, builds relationships, and adds value to positive culture and climate of organization
- Problem-solver – demonstrates grit and persistence when confronting challenges
- Diversity - brings diversity of thought and experience to the table
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees would get our attention by having cultivated a strong, sustainable record of excellence. Employees who thrive are more invested in contribution than personal achievement or credit. They also are deeply devoted to sustainable change for kids and families. We keep our eye on the movers and the shakers in education, mental health, nonprofit management, and sports management! Prospective employees might consider attending our annual Changing the Odds conference and/or one or more of our training seminars to learn more about our work. We also have a number of videos on our YouTube page and active social media that provides insight into context, and the people who shape our work. Potential staff might also consider being one of the over 1,000 people who volunteer at our annual fundraiser, the AT&T Byron Nelson. Finally, a prospective employee should feel free to sign up for a tour and come visit!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our training team anticipates the need for additional teacher and mental health trainers. We are always looking for talented teachers and therapists to cultivate relationships with so we are ready when there are openings. We are especially interested in diversity and ensuring that our staff represents the community we exist to serve.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Go to our websites at www.momentousinstiute.org or www.attbyronnelson.org to see job openings, sign-up to attend a tour, or enroll in a workshop or conference. Let us know you are interested!