What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What They Do
We asked Modern Teacher LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Modern Teacher partners with K-12 districts across the country to support the transition from traditional classrooms to modern learning environments. We provide a research-based methodology for Digital Convergence in education, and we’ve created a technology-enabled solution to support districts.
About this Company
| Website: modernteacher.com|| Industry: Education & Training|
| US Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, 80237|| US Sites: 2|
| US Employees: 29|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked Modern Teacher LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Team Member Recognition Program: Team Members are recognized for tenure and other accomplishments relevant to their role and beneficial to their career development. We also encourage peer-to-peer recognition and we celebrate birthdays and events via our Slack application.
- Flexible Work Environment: We offer a flexible work environment for our Team Members who work remotely. For example, in Chicago we contract with WeWork to offer a common work space for them to come together for meetings or use a private office to maximize productivity and minimize expense.
- Career Development Subsidy: We offer an annual subsidy to each full-time employee for tuition reimbursement, certifications, memberships, etc. relevant to their role.
- Wellness Program: We host an annual Fitbit Fitness Challenge, giving each employee a Fitbit device and awarding team prizes. We also host an Innovation Challenge, giving the employees opportunity to generate solutions, share with Leadership, and execute them in practice.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: We offer a "Pay It Forward" subsidy every December at the employees' discretion to donate to their favorite charity, etc. We also offer an annual paid volunteer day for each employee, apart from their regular PTO allotment, to serve in their community. In 2019, we will sponsor a company-wide event to volunteer/donate. We also help to reduce our carbon footprint by every team member tele-commuting.
- Sensitivity Training: We require every employee to take sensitivity training for anti-harassment and discrimination awareness.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 22 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
- Director of HR oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
| 8 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 81% Job Growth|