What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People celebrate special events around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked MINDBODY, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Our integrated software and payments platform helps business owners in the wellness services industry run, market and manage their businesses. We also help consumers easily evaluate, engage, and transact with these businesses, enabling them to live healthier and happier lives.
About this Company
| Website: www.mindbodyonline.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Luis Obispo, California, 93401|| US Sites: 9|
| Major Locations: Santa Maria, California; Irvine, California; San Diego, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Austin, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Southampton, New York; East Hampton, New York|| US Employees: 1,251|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: MB|
| Founded: 2001|
Perks and Programs
We asked MINDBODY, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- MINDBODY Wellness Challenge: The MINDBODY Wellness Challenge is a 3-month challenge designed to improve health and encourage more active lifestyles. Participants receive biometric screenings, nutritional counseling, personal training sessions, local gym memberships, monthly wellness vouchers and wearable devices to track activity. The end of the 12 week challenge culminates with a 5k run and a facility-wide party that includes locally catered food and live entertainment.
- MINDBODY Card: Full-time MINDBODY team members receive $65 per month on a MINDBODY corporate credit card to spend on wellness services provided by our clients. The cards can be used to pay for Yoga/Pilates classes, spa services, salon services, skin care, massages, gym memberships, MMA, CrossFit, and other services.
- Free On-Site Wellness Classes: MINDBODY offers 20+ onsite wellness classes per week in our state of the art fitness facilities. Classes are taught by certified professionals made up of both MINDBODY team members and clients. The classes are available daily and include Yoga, Pilates, Barre, CrossFit, Guided Meditation, Juggling, Zumba, Kettle Bell, and boot camp style training sessions. All on-site classes are free of charge and are open to all employees.
- Little Enso's Onsite Child Care: Little Enso's is an on-site child care center for infants and toddlers located on the campus of MINDBODY's headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA. The environmentally friendly building was designed to allow for parents to interact with their children during the workday. Parents are able to utilize the onsite nursing room, stop by to visit any time throughout the day, and receive updates on their child's well-being. The center has also recently expanded to include pre-school as well.
- Core Value Spotlights: Every month, a different core value is spotlighted as a focus throughout the entire company, and team members across all offices are nominated for recognition from senior leadership for their embodiment of that core value.
- Mentorship Program: MINDBODY team members are able to participate in a cross-departmental mentorship program. Team members from all levels can participate as mentors and mentees and pairs are matched up via algorithm based on an intake survey of their interests. This program is intended to enhance professional relationships, networks, and career growth across members of different departments. This program will be expanded further across more departments in the near future.
- MINDBODY Wellness Workshop: MINDBODY offers quarterly wellness workshops that are available to all employees. Each unique workshop is instructed by a subject matter expert in the area of focus. These workshops are intended to enrich the overall quality of life for our employees and provide them with valuable life tools. Recent topics have included mental wellness, avoiding burnout, nutrition, maternity/paternity leave and personal financial management.
- 27 Days Off: All full-time MINDBODY team members are able to accrue up to 20 days a year for paid time off. In addition, company holidays are provided throughout the year to team members, for a total of 27 days a year that can be used as the team member desires.
- Onsite Wellness Providers: MINDBODY Team Members have the opportunity to book an appointment with massage therapists, an esthetician, or chiropractor in the privacy of one of the treatment rooms located inside our corporate headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA. The wellness services are partially subsidized by the company and onsite providers accept the company's prepaid MINDBODY Card as a form of payment.
- Leadership and Professional Development: MINDBODY offers opportunities for personal development within our team. Within our talent development platform, courses are available to team members and include a diverse range of topics within personal and technical learning. In addition MINDBODY's learning and development team has created a series of leadership seminars and courses to further develop and enhance the abilities of our leaders. This includes instructor-led courses in introduction to management, developing direct reports, influence, and more.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||95% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 71% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|95 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Recruiting Program Manager is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked MINDBODY, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
At MINDBODY we look for prospective employees that demonstrate a sense of purpose and integrity in their lives. An ideal team member is someone who is proud of their past accomplishments, yet humble in acknowledging that teamwork has been crucial to their success. We hire people who do the right thing even when it’s inconvenient and understand the importance of empathy towards others. We look for people that know how to remove obstacles when needed and strive to produce amazing work, never accepting “good enough” as good enough.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
The most successful candidates submit resumes with clearly stated objectives and accomplishments, as well as work experience relevant to their desired position. Submitting a cover letter that helps tie work experience to personal accomplishments and displays both understanding and embodiment of our Core Values will certainly get our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
MINDBODY is focused on continuously evolving as a company. We are always on the lookout for strong technologists, capable customer service agents, and purpose driven sales and marketing professionals. Our ideal candidate should have a natural inclination towards teamwork and leveraging technology to improve the lives of others.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Anyone who feels that they would be a good fit with MINDBODY should go to our website, www.mindbodyonline.com/company and look into who we are and what we believe. Our current open positions can be found and applied to at www.mindbodyonline.com/company/careers. They can also download the MINDBODY app on their mobile device to find businesses that use our software and see the variety of services our clients offer through our platform.
| 27% Openings filled by current employees|