What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked MillerMusmar CPAs to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
At MillerMusmar CPAs, we drive your performance through proactive, forward-thinking financial solutions. From accounting and compliance to business consulting, we offer 360-degrees of financial services that accelerate your business.
About this Company
| Website: www.millermusmar.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Reston, Virginia, 20191|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Manassas, Virginia, 20109|| US Employees: 27|
| US Revenues: $3 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $3 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1983|
Perks and Programs
We asked MillerMusmar CPAs to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Paid Supplemental Insurance: MillerMusmar CPAs pays 100 percent of our employees life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flex Time: Employees can create their own in/out times according to what works best for them as long as they are in the office during our core business hours 10:00 – 3:00
- Outside Vendor Discounts: Our employees have access to numerous discounts with various companies through our ADP employee portal. These discounts range from travel (hotel, car rental), theme parks passes, movie tickets, flower delivery etc.
- Cost Share of Professional Memberships/Licenses: Our firm pays 100% of all employees CPE courses and splits the cost of professional memberships/licenses such as: membership to the AICPA, VSCPA etc.
- MM University: Employees are reimbursed for professional development advances.
- Time Off: MillerMusmar CPAs offers paid vacation and personal time; two, floating paid holidays; after tax season day off; vacation purchase program; flex time; and monthly paid volunteer hours.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $110,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for manager|| $80,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for staff|
|52% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 100)|| 52% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 100)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 9 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Free snacks, coffee, casual Friday dress code, occasional massage/pedicures, paid volunteer time, and monthly social activities.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||5 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| 36 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- HR Director oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 2 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
How to Get Hired
We asked MillerMusmar CPAs for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Candidates who are open, friendly and are seeking a family feel in a continuous learning environment.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
| 5 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 200 Average applicants per opening|
| 600 Total job applicants|| 20% New hires by employee referrals|
| 50% Openings filled by current employees|| 2 Recent graduates hired|
| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|