What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I feel I make a difference here.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Midwood Management to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Midwood develops and manages a diversified real estate portfolio of retail, office, residential, and mixed use properties in US metropolitan markets. We restore and revitalize the fabric of major urban centers to improve the way people live, work and play.
About this Company
| Website: www.midwoodid.com|| Industry: Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10022|| US Sites: 4|
| Major Locations: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102; Studio City, California, 91604; Boston, Massachusetts, 02112|| US Employees: 54|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1925|
Perks and Programs
We asked Midwood Management to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Company Outings: Midwood is committed to fostering an environment that is free of unnecessary hierarchy. We encourage all employees to collaborate across departments and across job levels. One way we foster open and collaborative relationships is to sponsor events where all employees can interact outside of the workplace where there are no titles. Midwood sponsors the following events on an annual basis where ALL employees are invited to attend:
Annual Offsite Planning Meeting
Offsite Summer Team-building Retreat
Monthly Happy Hours (various locations & venues)
Summer Major League Baseball Game (Citi Field)
Development Project Site visits (The Williamsburg Building Rooftop)
- Fully Subsidized Health Benefits: Midwood believes the health of our employees and their families should not be a financial decision for our employees. Midwood pays 100% of the premiums for medical, dental, short term disability, and long term disability coverage for employees and their families. In addition, Midwood provides a $2,000 HRA for all employees participating in our medical plan. The medical plan is NOT a high deductible plan.
- Paid New Child Leave for Moms and Dads: Parents of new children by birth or adoption are paid 100% of wages for up to 12 weeks following the arrival of their new child.
- Tuition Assistance: Midwood supports the ongoing education of our employees. We pay for ongoing tuition, entrance exams, and exam prep courses. This is not a reimbursement program but rather a pay as invoiced program so employees are never required to pay our of pocket up to the annual limit.
- Paid Leave for Disabled Family: Employees that require leave time to care for a family member with a serious health condition are paid 100% of wages for up to 12 weeks.
- Paid Leave for Personal Disability: Employees that require leave time to cope with a personal serious health condition are paid 100% of wages for up to 12 weeks.
- Lunch & Learns: To support a culture of continuous learning Midwood sponsors monthly lunch learns with topics from TED talks to industry updates. Sessions feature guest speakers, are open to all employees, and include a locally sourced lunch for all attendees.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 25 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Midwood Management for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees that demonstrate hard work, perserverence, agile learning, and collaboration will be a great fit for Midwood
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can get our attention by connecting on LinkedIn, sending an email, and/or meet us at a trade show.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
One position in high demand for Midwood is Construction Project Managers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should reach out to Midwood via LinkedIn.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 15% Job Growth|
| 5 Average applicants per opening|| 50 Total job applicants|
| 20% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|