What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I want to work here for a long time.
What They Do
We asked Medi-Trans, Inc. DBA MTI to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
MTI is a leading provider of integrated, clinically driven, and cost effective workers’ compensation ancillary service solutions. We partner with insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers and self-insured funds to ensure quality care for their injured workers.
About this Company
| Website: www.mtiamerica.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Pompano Beach, Florida, 33069|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 142|| US Revenues: $50 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $50 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1992|
Perks and Programs
We asked Medi-Trans, Inc. DBA MTI to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Catered Lunches/pot luck: MTI offers catered/pot luck lunches on the national holidays (4th of July, labor day etc.) to the entire office. Employees eat lunch together in the break room, and chat weekend plans.
- Unlimited Coffee and Tea hot chocolate: MTI provides the team a fully-stocked coffee and tea k-cup cabinet
- Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations: MTI celebrates all employees' birthdays and work anniversaries with cake and a birthday card for each employee. Individual department also often contribute to their colleagues' birthday celebrations with balloons, gifts, etc.
- Break Room: MTI offers a fully equipped break room with microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. There is also a 70” Television for employees to watch their favorite shows or sports.
- Employee Referral Program: We have certain values that each employee demonstrates. We believe that our employees know others who can also contribute to the company's success. We pay out for each employee referral hire.
- Cultural Events: We are fortunate to boast a diverse workforce and we gather throughout the year to learn about various cultures. We celebrate Cinco De Mayo, Independence day just to name a few.
- Halloween: MTI has been holding and encourage employee participation in our annual Halloween contest and prize-award party to compete for “Ugliest,” “Most Creative,” and “Funniest” costumes categories among others.
- Bring your child to work day: This is a unique day where your child(ren) begins to think about success. It is also a great opportunity to acknowledge and support employees as parents and mentors by having girls and boys, seeing their parents and other adults as people who are contributing to their workplace and the larger community through their daily actions. They will witness first-hand the range of jobs available at MTI through a hands-on department tours and interactive displays.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $27,800 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Call Center Agent|| $77,500 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Regional Account Manager|
| 4% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 95)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 19 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 9 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||90 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|90 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $30,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Josee is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Speakers of English as a second language; Employees reentering the workforce
- 10 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
How to Get Hired
We asked Medi-Trans, Inc. DBA MTI for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are looking for candidates that share our same passion and vision and one that that will have a great impact on the organization. we are looking for employees that enjoy working in a family oriented environment that emcompassed diversity. employees must have good work ethics and be willing to work hard and get rewarded for their hard work. to be part of our team, an employee must have excellent customer service skills, a quick problem solver and must be innovative
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
there are a couple of things that prospective employees can do to get my attention. first and foremost, drive and determination and what kind of energy the person has. Are they engaged in the conversation, or are they just going through the motions? do they own their decisions and accept accountability. when i interview an employee i want to hear what they learned from a previous work chanllenge and whether it tunred out well nor not. What lessons will they apply in the future. are they wise enough to admit they don't know everytthing? and lasty, they must come prepared for the interview and ask question about the position they are applying for and the culture of the company
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
we are always looking for good candidates that are bi-lingual in English/Spanish and possess excellent customer service skills to join our team
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
interested candidates are encouraged to visit our websitethat has up-to-date information regarding open positions as well as information about company culture, benefits. Prospective candidates can prepare for an interview by reading and understanding our core values, history and leadership philosophy.
| 35 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 18% Job Growth|
| 120 Average applicants per opening|| 1,800 Total job applicants|
| 15% New hires by employee referrals|| 7% Openings filled by current employees|
| 70 Recent graduates hired|| 18% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|