What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I feel I make a difference here.
What They Do
We asked Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Masonic Homes provides aging care services including skilled nursing, personal care, rehabilitation therapies, pediatric child care, dialysis, medical care, home care, and independent and assisted living on campuses in Louisville, Shelbyville and Northern Kentucky provide an extensive continuum of care.
About this Company
| Website: www.masonichomesky.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky, 40207|| US Employees: 611|
| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|| Founded: 1867|
Perks and Programs
We asked Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Free Education: MHKY pays 100% of the tuition, provides a lap top computer for the online courses, lab time is conducted on-site at full pay, we also have a nursing education mentor who devotes all of her scheduled hours to these program. Employees pay nothing, and we ask them for years of service in return. We established The Walters-Judy Scholarship Fund to help support the free education program. We expect to pay out over $150,000 in education funds over the next three years. We are growing our own future workforce through the education program.
- PayActiv - Get paid NOW: PayActiv gives employees access to their paycheck before payday. After working only a few hours, employees can request a pay out that is accessible through an on campus ATM or electronically via the app. So far, our employees have tapped into $488,000 over a one year period. PayActiv keeps employees away from high cost check cashing companies and gives them the opportunity to better plan their spending and have funds available.
- Wellness Program: The MHKY START (Steps To A Real Transformation) Wellness Committee is entirely employee driven. Employees volunteer to be on the committee which meets monthly. The effectiveness of this group shows - our biometric screening results have improved over the past three years. Activities include: Weight Watchers, Wellness Wednesday (healthy snacks are delivered to all employees), Smoking Cessation program, free Yoga classes, onsite gym, a discounted membership to Planet Fitness via payroll deduction, up to 30% discount on the employee portion of the health premiums for employees who participate in the wellness activities.
- Above and Beyond Awards: Remarkable Service is a core value. The Above and Beyond program is a way to recognize employees' excellent achievements in customer service. Employees, residents, and guests can submit a nomination on a special card, via email, or through the intranet. There are four levels of achievement each with a cash award up to $700. 950 Above and Beyonds have been awarded. Customer Service scores are an average of 95% which is incredible! The nominations are read out loud on the spot or in staff meetings. Each employee is recognized in our monthly newsletter, Pillar Talk and receives a personalized letter from our CEO.
- Women in Leadership Program: Our goal is to develop future leaders to support our commitment to growth, passion, remarkable service, and innovation. The senior management team is participating in this event as planners and presenters. Thirty women were nominated by their supervisors; all of them made the commitment to participate and join this initiative. The purpose of the program is to provide initial training to Women in Leadership participants to serve as mentors in for future Women in Leadership classes. Women in Leadership offers professional development, management training, and education to MHKY employees. Participants form meaningful mentoring relationships for ongoing career and management guidance. It includes developing a mutually beneficial mentor/mentee relationship. We will measure success of the program by monitoring retention rates of Women in Leadership program as well as promotions of Women in Leadership participants. We will measure the longevity of mentor/mentee relationships as well as the achievement of goals.
- Remarkable Leadership Series: The Remarkable Leadership Series includes 6 core courses for all current and new managers. The training topics came directly from suggestions and comments received from all managers who participated in a survey. The courses include Remarkable Leadership - Know the Basics, Selecting Remarkable Employees, De-stress to be Your Best, The GIFT of Feedback, Ditch the Drama, Coaching for Remarkable Performance. The success is measured by turnover results, employee performance benchmarks, and customer service ratings. So far, the program has shown impact with turnover decreasing by 10% in key areas.
- Company Picnic: The MHKY Annual employee outing is open to all employees and their extended families. This year the picnic will be at the Louisville Zoo. Employees and their families can enjoy a carefree day at no cost with meals, zoo entrance fees, and lots of team activities all provided. The cost of this event is $30,000 and worth every penny!
- On-site Clinic: Care Clinic offers low-cost office visits to employees and families. Exceptional doctors and healthcare professionals that are nearby and easy to access. A wide variety of services are available with quick response times.
- 403b - Match and Loans: MHKY has a generous match of 100% of the first 3% of the employee contribution, and 50% on the next 2%. Also allow low interest loans with the interest going back to the employee once the loan is paid off.
- Count Me In: The Count Me In campaign allows employees to make pre tax donations to Masonic Homes. 100% of the funds raised go to employee initiatives including providing financial support and resources to help with unexpected expenses. So far, this fund has provided over $10,000 to employees through this initiative which started in 2017.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 78% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Employees scheduled 30+ hours per week are considered full time. full time employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||90 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||90 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
How to Get Hired
We asked Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for passion and the desire to make a difference in the work that we do with seniors and children. There are many opportunities at Masonic Homes; all of them require a strong desire to succeed, share and expand their talents, and deliver exceptional service. Prospective employees with enthusiasm for a career in healthcare and willing to learn have an excellent opportunity to be considered for employment. They must share our core values: remarkable service, innovation, passion, and growth. We take that commitment very seriously. We will help someone get the skills they need to be successful as long as they have a genuine passion for the work that we do and want to be a positive contributor.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prosepctive employees should stop by and ask for a tour! Share their story and we will do the same. Make the commitment to learn more about what we have to offer at MHKY. We will promptly reply to all candidates and expect the same in return. Demonstrate a strong desire to succeed and share your passion!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Nursing and hospitality positions are our focus this year. We need both experienced candidates and those who are new to the workforce but willing to learn. We are partnering with more than 19 organizations and outreach programs to ensure that we find the best candidates. One important partnership is with two local high schools. Our employees are spending time with the students and teachers to help them understand what opportuntiies we offer and to bring new talent to Masonic Homes. We are educating candidates about all of the job opportunities we have and what exactly what it's like to work here. Not every high school student is interested in or feels ready to beging working on a four year degree. We can help candidates carve out a great career here through certifications and other educational opportunities in addition to providing the college track.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should stop by one of our campuses and ask for a tour, follow us on our social media channels, apply online at www.mhkyjobs.com, or call our recruiters directly. We look forward to hearing from candidates and will gladly spend time with them at their convenience.
Follow Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc.