What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I can be myself around here.
I want to work here for a long time.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked MartinFederal Consulting, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
MartinFederal solves problems for the federal government and commercial clients. Focused on responsiveness, reliability and resilience, MartinFederal's primary lines of business are Advanced Systems and IT Services, Laboratory and Technical Support, Space and Mission Operations, and Training and Development.
About this Company
| Website: www.martinfed.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Huntsville, Alabama, 35801|| US Sites: 14|
| Major Locations: Aberdeen, Maryland, 21005; Fort Meade, Maryland, 20755; Fort Hood, Texas, 76544; Fort Bliss, Texas, 79906; Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, 35808; Fort Rucker, Alabama, 36322; Fort Lewis, Washington, 98433; Fort Carson, Colorado, 80902; Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 22060; Camp Robinson, Arkansas, 72199|| US Employees: 89|
| US Revenues: $8.1 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $8.1 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 91|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked MartinFederal Consulting, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Referral Program: MartinFederal offers a $500 referral bonus for an employee who refers a candidate that is successfully hired with the Company.
- Employee of the Quarter: The employee of the quarter is recognized both as a reward for exceptional performance and as a model to other employees. MartinFederal recognizes one employee each quarter. Employees may nominate their co-workers, supervisors or themselves. The employee of the quarter receives 8 hours of vacation and is recognized in the Company newsletter.
- White Paper Program: MartinFederal is interested in solving our federal government’s most complex problems. With employees in 9 states and three countries and firsthand experience in a broad spectrum of capabilities, we encourage our team to seek solutions to problems. By providing our employees an opportunity to solve problems through our White Paper Program, we are providing a higher level of purpose and connectivity to their daily work. Not only do we encourage identification, ideas, and solutions within their current work, the Company also encourages our employees to take their personal interests in technology and process improvement and present ideas that are rewarding to them outside of work. Training is provided and financial incentives are offered to reward employees with ideas that are presented to the customer.
- Tuition Assistance Program: MartinFederal values its employees and gears them for a brighter future. Employees have the opportunity to further their career by obtaining certifications, degrees and memberships, all of which pertain to their area of expertise. The Company is responsive and supportive in helping each employee reach their goals by reimbursing them for the costs associated with obtaining their certification, degree and/or membership.
- Kudos Program: MartinFederal believes that all employees should be recognized. If an employee receives a congratulations (kudos) email from their co-worker or superior, the Company wants to be sure to recognize that employee with a spot in the Company newsletter and a gift card to show our appreciation.
- Floating Holiday: We know all employees are hard at work and their may be times they are unable to take off work due to a Holiday. If this is the case, employees are able to float those holiday hours to a time that they see fit to use.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $72,054 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Engineer Technician IV|| $84,671 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Program Manager|
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||65% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Employee, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Child(ren))|
| 65% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Employee, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Child(ren))|| $2,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 21 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|55 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) |
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,270 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $1,270 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Disabled employees
How to Get Hired
We asked MartinFederal Consulting, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The prospective employees responsiveness. The job market moves very quickly, so responding quickly to emails or phone calls is key. An additional trait to look for is the ability to be adaptive. We are a small business, so at any given time you may be asked to wear multiple hats or change your schedule on the fly. It’s important that we attract people who can handle various tasks given to them without hesitation.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Reach out to me. Most candidates don’t realize how many steps after “applying for the job” you can take for an employer notice you. If you are eager for that position, do a little research into the company, and see if there’s a way to get in contact with someone there. Take that next step and express your interest directly; I promise it will separate you from the dozens of resumes we receive daily.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
It’s hard to say what we will be looking for this year since we are so fluid in our needs. I know that the Information Technology space used to be our premier deliverable, and that’s not the case anymore. We’ve talked about spending more time in that area. It feels like everyone is moving towards the cyber realm, and that would be a great resource to be able to provide.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
The best thing to do if you’re interested in working for us is follow us online through our website, as well as a Facebook page. Candidates can also connect with us on LinkedIn. We are posting daily whether it be about an employee event or job opening we are always welcoming new followers. It is simple way to determine if this Company is right for you.
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 78% Job Growth|
| 9% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|