What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Lotame to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a data management platform (DMP) that lets companies use audience data to make smarter marketing and business decisions. Clients can learn more about their most valuable customers, find new prospective customers, and target campaigns, content, and messaging to them.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.lotame.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10001|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Columbia, Maryland, 21045; New York, New York, 10001|| US Employees: 146|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2006|
Perks and Programs
We asked Lotame to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Peer2Peer Awards: All employees are encouraged to submit coworkers for peer recognition. Every week in our Friday employee newsletter we highlight the winner, along with why they were nominated, and the winner gets a $50 Visa gift card.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: Unlimited paid vacation and sick time, which is very handy for employees who have families to take care of. There are no time sheets and no hours to clock. Our employees do their work when they need to, and they take care of their families and themselves when they need to. Simple and flexible, no questions asked.
- Annual Crab Picking Picnic: Every August we gather near our Columbia, MD office for a summer picnic with our families. Along with beer, BBQ, volleyball, and water balloon fights, the highlight of the day is Maryland crab picking!
- Friday Beer Cart: On Friday afternoons the beer comes to us! We fill a cooler with beer and soft drinks and push it around to our employees to enjoy a cold one.
- Hack-a-Thon: Twice a year our engineering team has a "hack-a-thon" in which any Lotame employee first pitches an idea for something that the engineers can build. After the pitches, the engineers get to choose which idea to support, and form teams to make those a reality. A few days later they have a demo day to show off the results. The best one so far - an employee-built kegerator, featuring home-brew from some members of our Beer Club.
- New Hire Lota-Buddy Program: This program started in 2016, in which new employees are matched with employees who have been with the company longer, to help them adjust and feel welcome from day 1.
- Meditation/Health Room: We have a meditation room available for employees who need some time to chill out and unwind, or perhaps sneak in a nap if they need to!
- Unlimited Snacks: We offer our employees unlimited snacks, sodas, and coffee in the break-room everyday.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| 30 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|| 30 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (50% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (80% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Snacks, drinks, beer, ping pong, meditation classes, meditation room, fitness facilities)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||28 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|90 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|21 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||21 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||28 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees
- 6 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Lotame for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Good Sense of Humor
Good Communications Skills
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We are suckers for creative applicants. Some creative things we have seen include shooting a 2-3 minute video and sending it directly to the CEO - that's the fastest way to get his attention! We also love any applicant that comes prepared with something to contribute right off the bat. For example, someone in marketing can suggest a new idea for building our brand. Anyone who has done that much research is a step ahead of the competition as they are ready to hit the ground running.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Next year we are focused on engineers/tech and product managers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Do some research online, dig as much as you can to find out about Lotame. We're always looking for data rockstars and are ready to hear from you. Learn more about our current openings at https://www.lotame.com/careers/ and send your resume to email@example.com when you're ready to chat!
| 27% Job Growth|| 72 Average applicants per opening|
| 1,502 Total job applicants|