What Employees Say
This is a physically safe place to work.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
What They Do
We asked Logistics Made Simple to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a third-party logistics company, that provides truckload, less than truckload, intermodal, and air cargo services. In addition we can assist with ocean cargo, thru our freight forwarding partnerships.
About this Company
| Website: www.logisticsms.net|| Industry: Transportation|
| US Headquarters: Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37421|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Trussville, Alabama, 35235|| US Employees: 60|
| US Revenues: $26.0 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked Logistics Made Simple to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Referral Program: LMS provides a $250 internal referral program for our employees that bring a new employee into the organization. In addtion, LMS pays $250 for those employees that stay past the six month mark.
- Quarterly Sales Incentives: One example is, LMS pays for the sales broker that produces the most gross profit in that quarter to go to final round at The Masters golf tournament and bring one guest. LMS puts them up in a hotel overnight in Augusta and gives them $500 cash
- Halloween Costume contest: We have a Halloween costume contest each year for all employees and we award the winner with a $50 gift card.
- Chili Cook-Off: LMS holds an annual chili cook-off for all employees and the winner receives a $50 gift card
- Chattanooga Rescue Mission: LMS encourages all employees to bring in clothes, shoes, food, household items to give away to the Chattanooga Rescue Mission annually.
- Employee Workout Program: LMS gives each employee one hour per day to workout in order to encourage better health in the workplace.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $23,240 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Freight Broker support|| $52,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Freight Broker|
| 3% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||68% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 44)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $95,089 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Carbon offset program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Logistics Made Simple for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Again, highly competitive, energetic individuals with a good attitude.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Quick follow up after an initial interview by email or phone, thanking us for the opportunity and asking about next steps. Calling us and asking for the position.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We always look for new salespeople/ brokers. In addition, we are always looking for quality, detail-oriented individuals for the back office support.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Research our company and reach out to us by phone, email, or in person to express interest.
| 50 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 50% Job Growth|
| 3 Average applicants per opening|| 79 Total job applicants|
| 61% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 11 Recent graduates hired|| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 31% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|