What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
We have special and unique benefits here.
What They Do
We asked Liberty Hardware Manufacturing Corporation to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Since 1948, Liberty Hardware Mfg. Corp. has built its reputation by offering high quality decorative and functional hardware products at an exceptional value. The company proudly offers its hardware products through home centers, retailers and distribution channels across the country.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.libertyhardware.com/|| Industry: Manufacturing & Production|
| US Headquarters: Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27107|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Chicago, Illinois|| US Employees: 346|
| Employees Worldwide: 431|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: MAS|| Founded: 1948|
Perks and Programs
We asked Liberty Hardware Manufacturing Corporation to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Summer Flextime: Summer Flextime is an optional program that provides employees with additional flexibility during the summer months. Employees have the ability to work expanded hours Monday-Thursday and an abbreviated schedule on Fridays (8am-12pm). Employees can participate some weeks and not others based on their workload and personal scheduling.
- Casual Dress: The company allows casual dress in the office Monday-Friday, including jeans! Employees are also able to wear their summer sandals and flip flops during the summer months. This benefit helps to create a comfortable work environment for our employees.
- Company Holiday Party: Holiday party for employee and a guest where they can celebrate the holidays with a formal dinner, dancing, photos; and they can win prizes
- Food Trucks: The company schedules on-site food trucks once per week during most of the year (and once month during colder months). This provides employees with additional affordable, fun lunch options while at work.
- Employee Appreciation Celebration: The company designates a day each year to thank our employees for all they do! Our 2017 Employee Appreciation Celebration will include a meal and company gift.
- Community Service Opportunities: The company has a rotating group of employees who participate to be members of the Community Service Committee each year. This committee creates a schedule of community service initiatives for the year. The company allows employees throughout the company to participate in these community service initiatives with pay. The 2015 community service initiatives included drives for SPCA and Second Harvest Food Bank, Special Olympics, American Red Cross Blood Drive, and donating holiday gifts and clothing to 50 children in need at the holidays.
- Farmer's Market: During the summer months, we have an onsite farmer's market. This provides employees with a convenient and affordable way to get fresh, local, healthy foods.
- Biggest Loser Competition: Liberty Hardware borrows the concept of the TV show Biggest Loser to bring a fun, supportive way to lose weight. Employees can participate in teams, are weighed as a group weekly and the winners (largest % of weight lost) get prizes including a free day off!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| $3,300 Average Tuition Reimbursement|| $5,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 25 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 10 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (56% use it)
- Telecommute option (25% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Medical facilities (only at headquarters)
- Onsite Amenities (Food trucks once per week in addition to onsite vending of affordable meals, onsite fitness classes, car washes on site, onsite chair massages annually/semi-annually)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $150,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $15,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Liberty Hardware Manufacturing Corporation for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
It depends on the role, but someone who demonstrates our company values, is an innovative thinker and enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment will LOVE it at Liberty Hardware.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Apply for a specific job for which they are interested and explain WHY they are uniquely qualified with tangible metrics or results.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are hiring in most areas over the next year and are always to connect with great talent. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce so we will be doing more outreach recruiting that ensures a diverse slate of candidates.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We have a lot of great information on our website and social media sites.
| 90 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 5% Job Growth|
| 28 Average applicants per opening|| 5,293 Total job applicants|
| 7% New hires by employee referrals|| 65% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|| 5% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|