What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Legendary Entertainment to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film, television and comics divisions dedicated to delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.legendary.com/|| Industry: Entertainment|
| US Headquarters: Burbank, California, 91505|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2000|
Perks and Programs
We asked Legendary Entertainment to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Referral Program: At Legendary, we are always looking to grow our teams with talented people! Refer qualified candidates to HR, and if that individual is hired as a Full-Time employee, as a "thank you," we will offer you a monetary bonus as outlined below. REFER AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR BELOW: $250 REFER A VP AND ABOVE: $500
- Tuition Reimbursement Program: Legendary is committed to the continual development of its employees! Under this program, full-time employees who enroll in a continuing education program through an accredited educational institution may be reimbursed up to $5,000 per year.
- Unlimited Vacation: All exempt employees receive unlimited vacation!
- Paid Volunteer Opportunities: We hold an annual Volunteer "Impact" Day where the company shuts down so employees may volunteer within the community. We hold a companywide Happy Hour at the end of the day so the company may bond over their day. We also hold ongoing volunteer opportunities throughout the year and lunch and learns where we "spotlight" various organizations. In addition to that, we are also working on rolling out "The 7 Day Sabbatical" which will allow employees to take a week off to volunteer. We are finalizing the programming around this with our CEO now.
- Summer Fridays: All employees may leave at 1pm on Fridays, beginning Memorial Day Weekend and ending Labor Day Weekend.
- Internship Program: To ensure our Interns have the best experience possible with plenty of educational opportunities, each semester, interns have the opportunity to sign up for a variety of events. Examples include Lunch and Learns/Q&A with a panel of employees from each department at the company, access to employee events such as screenings, access to on-site subsidized food and free beverages, attending an LA Dodgers game in the box suite with our CEO, mock interviews with the HR team, and participation in our Volunteer "Impact Day".
- HR Advisory Council: The HR Advisory Council is made up of one representative from each department at the company, along with the HR team. The Council meets once a month to discuss new initiatives/programs/projects, address any employee feedback/questions, and to encourage each department representative to provide departmental updates. This ensures ongoing companywide communication and transparency.
- Wellness Initiatives: Legendary's building includes a new gym which is heavily subsidized by the company, resulting in employees paying only $10/month. That $10 gives employees access to train for free with an on-site Legendary personal trainer, as well as attend unlimited free on-site wellness classes. Legendary is also participating in the Nautica Malibu Triathlon which raises money for Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
- Executive Speaker Series: To increase communication amongst departments, and to give all employees an opportunity to learn about our leaders here at Legendary and their roles within the organization, we host an on-site Executive Speaker Series. Legendary leaders will discuss how they got their start in the industry, their role at Legendary, and invite questions from the audience.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $54,922 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Assistant|| $86,179 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager|
| 25% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Full Time Employees)|
| 74% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Please see above comment)|| $5,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (On-site commissary with freshly made subsidized food, and free beverages (coffee, tea, soda, sparkling water)
Highly subsidized gym membership
Free personal training with gym membership
Free wellness classes with gym membership
Employee Screenings of all Legendary content
Ergonomic office and technology accommodations for all employees (e.g. standing desks, MAC/PC options)
Comic book library
Educational lunch and learn opportunities
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
Follow Legendary Entertainment