What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is competent at running the business.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked LCG Advisors to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
LCG is an advisory firm specializing in loan and investment due diligence, investment banking, risk mitigation and other advisory services. We work with business owners, financial institutions, and active investors to assist with changes that occur in their lifecycle.
About this Company
| Website: www.lcgadvisors.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Tampa, Florida, 33602|| US Employees: 56|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2003|
Perks and Programs
We asked LCG Advisors to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Holiday Retreat: Having our headquarters in Tampa, Florida comes in handy during the winter time. Each year we host a multi-day Holiday Retreat in the sunshine state for all of our team members across the country. We have plenty of time for relaxing and spending time together as a team. Spouses and Partners are also welcome to join in the fun!
- Companion Pass: Serving clients all over the country requires our team to travel, which can get lonely at times. Team Members are awarded up to $500 per year to use towards airfare for their spouse or partner to join them on a trip. People often times use this allowance to fly their guest to our annual company retreat in Florida!
- Annual Awards: There are no perfect attendance ribbons at our Annual Awards ceremony. Our awards are customized to show our appreciation for the funny little (or BIG) things that make each team member unique. You have to be an insider to understand all of humor that goes along with the awards which makes it all the more fun!
- Professional Development: Team Members with business related designation(s) such as CPA, CFE, CIA requiring continuing education credits will be reimbursed up to $250 annually per designation. Additionally and separate from the $250 mentioned above, annual dues for these designations will be paid as well.
- Newsletter: Keeping the team connected while working remotely and on-site at customers is the name of the game. Our monthly newsletter does just that! We provide updates on each of the business groups and share company announcements. Everyone loves the team member spotlight where we get to learn things like where someone grew up, what was their first concert and what is that one thing they can’t live without. Another favorite is the pet of the month section, who doesn’t love to see a furry face in their inbox?!
- Paul’s Wall: If you are looking for a laugh, Paul’s Wall is the place to see. Over the years our co-founder Paul, has been collecting funny (and sometimes embarrassing) photos of team members having fun and goofing off. An entire wall of his office is plastered with these pics. You can see the spirit of the team on Paul’s Wall.
- Random Acts of Kindness: Sometimes the best things come to those who aren’t waiting at all. Random Acts of Kindness spread throughout LCG. Spending money for family vacations, help with moving expenses are just a few of the ways the LCG leadership team randomly says “Thanks for being you”.
- Welcome Basket: We get really excited when new team members join LCG. We celebrate by sending all new hires a welcome basket with LCG swag and a few bottles of wine. What a great way to start a new job!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 21 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 11 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (47% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (On-site Cafeteria, Foosball, Ping-Pong, Paid Parking, Free Beverages)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|65 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked LCG Advisors for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for a high aptitude in finance & accounting. This includes quantitative intelligence, ability to quickly process and understand large amounts of data. Solid communication skills and being comfortable talking to c-level clients. Prior field exam experience is preferred.
Highly professionally demeanor and presentation
Grit - Ability to travel and constantly be in a new environment
Thorough & Responsible – Inability to cut corners or leave questions unanswered
High level of professional curiosity & desire to learn
Short-term project mindset – Needs to derive meaningful gratification from putting the pieces of the puzzle together and successfully completing the project.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be punctual, professional and polished appearance, prepared with researched questions and resume copy
Exude confidence with thoughtful questions
Writing and spreadsheet examples
Have Demonstrated desire to travel
Have prior work experience in a challenging environment – An example would be someone who worked a challenging job during college to pay for tuition. Or post graduate experience in a field requiring similar skills.
Be genuine and down to earth
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Anyone with 1-2 of auditing or accounting experience
Graduates who are interest in learning the business
People who are willing to relocate
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website www.lcgadvisors.com and reach out to us directly or on linkedIn.