What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
This is a fun place to work.
What They Do
We asked LaSalle Network to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
LaSalle Network is a staffing, recruiting & culture firm. LaSalle places candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Call Center, Human Resources, Marketing, Management Resources, Sales, Supply Chain, Technology & Executive Search.
About this Company
| Website: www.lasallenetwork.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60601|| US Sites: 6|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois; Schaumburg, Illinois; Oak Brook, Illinois; San Francisco, California; Chicago, Illinois; Nashville, Tennessee|| US Employees: 231|
| US Revenues: $57 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $57 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1998|
Perks and Programs
We asked LaSalle Network to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Company-wide Incentive Trips: LaSalle sets company-wide goals. If these goals are achieved, everyone, from the CEO to the office assistants are treated to an all expense paid trip. Past trips have included weekends in San Francisco, complete with a trip to Alcatraz and Napa Valley; a trip to Miami, complete with deep sea fishing and pool-side cabanas; and a trip to Nashville with pool side meals and evenings at Honky Tonk Central!
- Rebirthdays: To celebrate the anniversary of each employee's hire date, LaSalle has rebirthdays. They believe that to have a birthday, all you have to do is breathe, but a rebirthday requires hard work and dedication. Rebirthdays are celebrated with catered food, speeches, gifts (including ipads, suits and padfolios), streamers, balloons and pictures of the individual around the entire office.
- Corporate Social Responsiblity Program: All employees receive paid time off to volunteer at creditable 501(c)3 organizations. LaSalle has a team of employees who coordinate volunteer opportunities for staff, however, employees can also volunteer their time at organizations of their choosing. Employees who have been with the company receive 2 paid days off to volunteer per year, and employees who have been with the company longer than 4 years receive five paid days off.
- Internal Promotions: Ninety percent of LaSalle's management team has been promoted from within. Sixty percent of LaSalle's executive leadership team has been promoted from within. LaSalle believes in training and empowering staff and creating opportunities for them to grow within the organization.
- Exposure to senior leaders: LaSalle's executive leadership team and management team are present. They are hands on. They have walked in the shoes of every single employee. They are teaching leaders - they coach employees on the spot and they are invested in the development of every single employee. They are willing to roll up their sleeves and work along-side their staff. They are in the office every day, and usually they are the first ones in and last ones out.
- Wellness Commitee: We have a committee of 6 employees who are responsible for the wellness initiatives of the company. They bring in healthy food, yoga instructors, find free work out classes for employees to attend, bring in masseuses for the company and have started a book club to focus on mental health too!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $41,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Project Manager|| $1500 Maximum match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution|
|73% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| $2,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||84 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|65 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||84 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|6 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $150,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $25,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| 3 LEED certified building(s)|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Chief Human Resources Officer oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked LaSalle Network for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Sense of humor, work ethic, not taking themselves too seriously, honest, articulate, intelligent, aggressive and hungry for growth, coachability - would they or are they receptive to feedback?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Come well prepared to the interview. Know who we are and what we stand for. Be able to articulate why exactly you want to work for us - the fact that we have won a lot of best places to work accolades is not a great reason for wanting to work for us. What specifically do you value about our culture and why do you think you would be a culture fit.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
All of them :) Marketing, human resources, recruiters, sales people, executive leadership, middle management. We are hiring for our Nashville office too, so there are opportunities in Chicago, Nashville and San Francisco. We are hiring a TON!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If you are interested in working for LaSalle Network, you can view our jobs at: https://thelasallenetwork.com/pages2/bullhorn/ShowJobs.php?q=1&cat=Work+For+LaSalle&city=--All+Cities--&keyword=&salary=Any or
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 104% Job Growth|
| 5,000 Average applicants per opening|| 500,000 Total job applicants|
| 15% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 80 Recent graduates hired|| 35% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|