What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked L4 Digital to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We offer the digital product consulting, design, development, and quality assurance services necessary to build and manage digital products for the most recognizable brands in the world, such as Sesame Street, Microsoft, Amazon, Viacom, Sony Pictures Television, and others.
About this Company
| Website: https://l4digital.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, 98104|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Seattle, Washington, 98104|| US Employees: 90|
| US Revenues: $15.9 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $15.9 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 90|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: GLOB|| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked L4 Digital to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Diverse Work: L4 Digital takes the type of work we do seriously. A diverse client base is integral to this culture. We choose our customers based on their project’s ability to lead in the digital industry and generate work that motivates our employees.
- Unlimited PTO: L4 Digital offers unlimited PTO immediately upon hiring. We prefer to focus on the results of work effort over hours. The company offers other unique perks such as flexible work schedules to all employees. Many of our employees work from home 1-2 days a week and telecommute during low traffic hours to fit with their schedules. We also have many employees that work remotely.
- Comprehensive Benefits: The company offers a highly competitive benefits package to all employees including cash bonuses, fully paid health care, commute reimbursement, and a 401k that matches up to 4% with no vesting period required.
- Internal Projects: L4 Digital encourages creativity and innovation among team members through internal projects. Ongoing projects include a Dungeons & Dragons character sheet application, and an open source initiative to create requirements for L4 to push components, libraries, tools, and projects to the L4 GitHub. We've also launched L4chestra where L4 staff make music about our projects, and integrate them into our other L4 apps. Sound mixing, songwriting, singing, and all sorts of instruments are included. Not only do these activities give each of our employees a voice within the company to showcase their creativity, it helps ensure that our employees are happy and feel their work is interesting and rewarding.
- First Thursday Happy Hours: A large part of L4’s company culture are the team building happy hours on the first Thursday of each month at various restaurants and bars in the historical Pioneer Square of downtown Seattle. In addition to happy hours, events have also featured an Argosy Cruise, picnic at the Zoo, Underground Tour, mini golf, and bocce ball.
- Sponsored Perks: Many employees enjoy continuing their technology education through programming courses or attending technology conferences paid for by the company. L4 Digital provides tuition reimbursement and sponsors trips to key industry events such as Google I/O, the Consumer Electronic Show (CES), and Apple’s WWDC, among others.
- Transportation Reimbursement: L4 provides a fully loaded ORCA transit card to employees who chose to use public transit to reach the office. For those who drive, L4 offsets parking costs at a nearby garage to the tune of $100/monthly.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 100% of salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $1,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (80% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Extensive food for multiple diets. Entertainment room featuring VR, game consoles, foosball, and a 3D printer. Multiple lounge locations around the office.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|135 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||15 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||135 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|15 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|135 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||15 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked L4 Digital for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for open and honest candidates with solid skill levels and a great attitude. These are all important factors in the hiring process.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates that come in with draft plans, portfolios, or completed code assignments are ahead of the curve. We also take note of candidates that have questions about the environment and culture. It shows you're truly interested in joining the L4 family.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are building our Product Management and Design departments so we are seeking Product Managers, Designers, and Architects. We are always looking for Software Developers (both web and mobile) as well as Quality Assurance professionals and Technical Project Managers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Follow our social feeds and blog to learn more about our projects and thinking. If we are out at local tech and community events, please introduce yourselves.
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 41% Job Growth|
| 45 Average applicants per opening|| 1,800 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 18% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|