What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked KGH Consultation & Treatment Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
KGH is a certified Behavioral Health Center of Excellence, offering comprehensive therapeutic services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, designed to meet social, emotional, academic, sensory and functional independence needs, and to support their families. A multi-disciplinary approach encompasses Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Mental Health Services.
About this Company
| Website: https://kghconsultation.org|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Northbrook, Illinois, 60062|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Fitchburg, Wisconsin, 53711|| US Employees: 67|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2001|
Perks and Programs
We asked KGH Consultation & Treatment Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Behavioral Health Center of Excellence: We were designated as a Behavioral Health Center of Excellence in November 2016. This designation followed an audit by the BHCOE Lab to "meet rigorous standards of clinical quality, staff-centered and consumer-centered performance, accountability and transparency."
- Sharing our Vivid Vision: A vital part of our Vivid Vision is that "Employees are inspired...they love the fun-loving, supportive culture, and have a 'bring it on' approach; multi-disciplinary teams eagerly work together because it makes us stronger; they have a strong conviction that they truly make differences in their clients' lives, going the extra mile to find new ways to teach them, and taking pride in their progress; they set high standards for their own performance and development; they take pride in being part of KGH; and they do their best, working together toward the same goal--to significantly improve the quality of life for their clients."
- Values Initiative: It's been said that "employees are a company's culture," so at KGH we are not surprised to see our values demonstrated every day. Employees recognize each other frequently for demonstrating our values in how we treat our clients, their families, and each other. Our values include Compassion, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, Responsibility to Clients, and Be Happy. When an employee is recognized for having demonstrated a value, he/she gets a colorful Value T-shirt representing the particular value. Many employees have collected all six and frequently wear them to work.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB): We offer behavioral and social science research opportunities and have established an approved Institutional Review Board (IRB), with a committee of individuals trained and committed to review, approve, and monitor research involving human subjects. We use evidence-based treatments, thus keeping up with research and trends, as well as in implementing best practices, is quite important.
- Employee Referral Program: Our employees are great resources to find other talented people to join our team. When an employee refers a candidate who is interviewed in person, she/he is given a $100 gift card. And when the candidate is hired, there is a cash bonus paid. For a part-time employee, the cash bonus is $500, and for a full-time employee, it is $1,000. We love paying this bonus!
- Professional Development/CEUs: Our employees are passionate about their professional development because they are committed to providing the best treatment to their clients, and we try to support their ongoing professional development. We are an ACE provider and offer onsite Type 2 continuing education events and credits for Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) certificants (e.g., BCaBAs and BCBAs), plus a $500 annual continuing education stipend for licensed and certified employees. KGH is also a licensed continuing education sponsor for Licensed Clinical Social Workers. Employees take part in a few learning sessions each month plus have access to an online learning management system (for example, to become Registered Behavior Technicians).
- Charitable Sponsorship: Recognizing that many employees participate in community charitable events, we initiated a Charitable Sponsorship program to provide reimbursement for registration fees for charitable events, such as runs and walks to raise awareness and for research. We feel this is consistent with our "Be Happy" and "Compassion" Values. We have happily reimbursed employees who participated in activities such as the Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics, Mud Walks to promote awareness of domestic violence, marathons for cancer awareness and research, and for training emerging professionals in other countries through the Global Autism Project.
- Employee Events: To "Be Happy" is one of our values, so we do try to have fun! We host monthly luncheons, sometimes with a theme. Recently, we had a baby shower theme to honor four mothers-to-be on our team; even the guys played Baby Bingo & Baby Quiz for gift card prizes. We provide fresh fruit each week to promote health and wellness. Whether it's a holiday party, spirit days, after-work gatherings, summer outings, Halloween dress-up, or pajama day, we never forget the importance of breaking from our important work to relax and connect with each other. This summer we will host a booth and recruit volunteers for our community's summer fest, and annually, we participate in walks to support Autism Spectrum Disorders awareness.
- Benefit Package: KGH offers a solid benefit package to our full-time employees, adding about 18% to the "total compensation package." Benefits include medical, dental and vision (with KGH contributing about half to the overall cost of coverage); free life and long term disability insurance; an IRA plan with a 3% company match; paid professional liability insurance; travel and mileage reimbursement; continuing education allowance for those requiring certification, licensure or registration; charitable sponsorship; Paid Time Off and company holidays (including employee birthday); and employee referral program.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $37,500 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist|| $58,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Board Certified Behavior Analyst|
| 3% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 18 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 18 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked KGH Consultation & Treatment Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Passion. Integrity. Commitment. Personal Responsibility. Team Orientation. Pride in their accomplishments.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We like to hear about a candidate's journey--how they became commited to working with children and adolesents with Autism Spectrum Disorders and how they are dedicated to growing as a professional. Along with a resume, a cover letter and answering our online "application" questions differentiates candidates, and gets our notice.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Board Certified Behavior Analysts; Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts; Applied Behavior Analysis Therapists; Speech Therapists; Occupational Therapists; Licensed Clinical Social Workers, and STEM Instructors.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Our website includes great information about our philosophy, values, programs, and what it's like to work at KGH. Interested candidates should research our website and learn about us before applying: https://www.kghconsultation.org.
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 24% Job Growth|
| 20 Average applicants per opening|| 258 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|| 24% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 31% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|