What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is competent at running the business.
I want to work here for a long time.
What They Do
We asked KAST Construction Company, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
KAST Construction is a full service construction management firm with offices in West Palm Beach, Miami and Tampa, Florida. KAST is diversified in a variety of market sectors including healthcare, hospitality, multifamily, high-rise condominium, club facilities, office, municipal and commercial.
About this Company
| Website: kastbuild.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: West Palm Beach, Florida, 33407|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Miami, Florida, 33126; Tampa, Florida, 33607|| US Employees: 209|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked KAST Construction Company, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- 10 Year Service Award: KAST believes that recognizing employees for tenure is an excellent way to show out team members that they value and as a company we appreciate the ongoing dedication and contributions of individuals. KAST awards team members with 10 years of service with a Rolex watch.
- 12 Days of Holiday Cheer: To get into the holiday spirit, KAST randomly selects 12 team members to receive various holiday gifts and prizes.
- Day of Bowling: Taking everyone out on a Friday for a day of bowling is a fun way to relax and build comradery within the company.
- Holiday Party: Celebrating the season and another successful year as a team at a lavish holiday gathering.
- Company Picnic: KAST's annual company picnic is full of food & fun as well as a great chance to meet team members families.
- Spa Day: Whether you’ve treated yourself to a spa day before or not, you’ll know that a spa day is one of the most relaxing and indulgent experiences you can give yourself. KAST likes to recognize our women team members with a relaxing visit to the spa followed by lunch.
- Fishing Expeditions: Headquartered in South Florida, KAST likes to take advantage of our beautiful local beaches and oceans by sponsoring several employee fishing trips throughout the year.
- Escape Room Challenge: An escape room is a fun, interactive game. While it looks like any other ordinary room, it’s actually a mystery puzzle. Find the hidden objects, figure out the clues and solve the puzzles. A great team building exercise.
- Company 5k: KAST participates every year in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run 2017. A fun & healthy team activity.
- Company Tough Mudder: Tough Mudder is no ordinary mud run - it’s an experience. An escape from the everyday. At Tough Mudder, you won’t just face your fears - you’ll knock them down. KAST sponsors an employee trip to participate in this challenging team building activity.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 5% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $2,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 14 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 14 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 14 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 14 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,000,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked KAST Construction Company, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Passion - Employees who stay at a company are passionate about their work and their company.
Engaged with Our Vision & Culture
Eager to Learn - Employees have aspirations. They want to grow, be promoted and grow some more. Foster an open and approachable dialogue about growth opportunities within your organization. Let employees know about job openings and promote from within the company when possible.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We look for employees who want to be a part of something bigger. Each KAST team member understands that we are in the service industry and know that customer service is the essence of our business. To this end, we focus tremendous attention on having the best trained people in the industry, along with building a high energy work environment that has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Florida for many years. Highly trained and satisfied employees deliver our servic
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We have experienced tremendous growth over the last 5 years and have chosen to ramp up our leadership training to populate KAST with strong leaders across the company.
KAST is currently looking for...
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
KAST has corporate offices in West Palm Beach, Miami and Tampa Florida. We have projects throughout the state of Florida,and the Carolinas. This means that we have plenty of opportunities for anyone who loves living and working in the southeastern United States.
If you would like to become a KAST Team Member, please send your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 22% Job Growth|
| 1 Average applicants per opening|| 20 Total job applicants|
| 5% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Openings filled by current employees|
| 3 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|