What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I can be myself around here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
What They Do
We asked JCDecaux North America, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
JCDecaux North America is part of JCDecaux Out-of-Home Media Group, the number one outdoor advertising specialist in the world. JCDecaux is dedicated to delivering the highest quality out-of-home advertising solutions combined with first-class public services.
About this Company
| Website: www.jcdecauxna.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10118|| US Sites: 10|
| Major Locations: Boston, Massachusetts, 02210; Chicago, Illinois, 60609; Miami, Florida, 33126; Jamaica, New York, 11434; Los Angeles, California, 90015; maspeth, New York, 11378; San Francisco, California, 94124; Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, 07604; Dallas, Texas, 75254; Arlington, Virginia, 22203|| US Employees: 400|
| US Revenues: $363.4 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $4,255.5 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 13,030|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1994|
Perks and Programs
We asked JCDecaux North America, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Service Awards: JCDecaux awards employees when they reach milestone years (5,10,15,20,25, etc.) of service with the company. The award value is based on the amount of years and each employee is given a gift chosen by their manager personally selected for that particular employee. The manager then chooses how to present the reward based on that employee. This program encourages managers to get to know their people and shows employees that the company cares about and is invested in their unique personalities.
- Fruit of the Month: As part of a wellness initiative (and because everyone loves fruit!) the company provides 2 different types of fresh fruit in the employee cafeteria. The types rotate each month and we provide educational information about each fruit.
- Monthly Staff Meetings: Every month HR leads a staff meeting where each department sends 1 or 2 representatives. During the meeting lunch is served and each department shares updates about what they are working on and how it will affect the rest of the organization. The meetings keep the flow of communication among departments open and allows employees at all levels to learn and better understand the company as a whole.
- Free Access to Observatory at Empire State Building: As part of being an tenant of the Empire State Building, JCDecaux has the unique opportunity to offer employees free access to the Observatory level to share with family and friends. The best part of the free access is that employees don't need to wait in line!
- Annual Bonuses: JCDecaux knows it is important that employees feel appreciated for the hard work they contribute year round. To emphasize this, at the end of every year all full-time employees are eligible to be awarded bonuses based on their performance and the company's performance.
- Wellness Incentive Program: JCDecaux has a Wellness Incentive program that educates and encourages employees to improve their overall wellness. Through HSA contributions and reduced benefit premiums, the programs rewards employees who participate in wellness events held by the company. These events include Wellness Lunch & Learns, Biometric Screenings, Health Webinars and employee fitness competitions.
- CEO Breakfasts: As part of our on-boarding program, we hold quarterly breakfasts with our 2 Co-CEO's and all new hires from that quarter . The breakfast gives our CEO's an opportunity to get to know each new employee as well as share some of the company's history and culture.
- Sales Challenge: Every year JCDecaux awards the 2 top sellers from each market segment with a complimentary trip to Paris, France.
- Bring Your Child to Work Day: JCDecaux participates in the National Holiday by inviting employees in the corporate headquarters to bring their children aged 4+ to work with them. Depending on the age of the attendees, a schedule of activities and presentations are provided to the children with participation from all the departments across the organization.
- Team Building Events: JCDecaux plans several team building events throughout the year. A couple of examples of the most recent events include a bowling outing, Escape the Room, and Team lunches.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $55,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Technician|| $154,125 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Account Executive|
|85% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for full time regular employees)|| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 19 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 22 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (2% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (55% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (daily snacks and coffee, quarterly on-site massages, wellness seminars and screenings, fruit of the month, breakfast twice a month, holiday activities, access to the observatory of the Empire State Building (where corp office is located))
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
Community and Environmental Impact
| $40,384 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Director of Environmental Health and Safety Leads environmental impact team|
| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|| 1 LEED certified building(s)|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Carbon offset program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked JCDecaux North America, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our strategy concentrates in finding the 'best fit' solution for every opportunity within our company and is founded on creating a motivated and diverse workforce. We focus on putting the right people in the right jobs, ensuring that potential is maximized through the best combinations of skills, aspirations and opportunity. JCDecaux North America succeeds because we attract, develop, and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We recognize that our people want to make a difference and provide the culture of accountability, challenge and opportunity for them to make an impact. We aim to recruit local people who can think on a global level. We hire talented staff whose efforts at a local business level contribute to the global growth of the company.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Present themselves in a professional manner and demonstrate a strong knowledge of our organization.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
candidates with exposure to business in the digital world.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
| 60 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 10% Job Growth|
| 20 Average applicants per opening|| 2,042 Total job applicants|
| 22% New hires by employee referrals|| 38% Openings filled by current employees|
| 16 Recent graduates hired|| 9% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 50% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|