What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People care about each other here.
This is a fun place to work.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Interact to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Interact is one of the fastest growing intranet software companies and has been profitable every year since inception. Interact has more than 1,000,000 users and has revolutionized the way companies communicate, collaborate, share knowledge and streamline internal processes.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.interact-intranet.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10036|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: San Francisco, California, 94109|| US Employees: 19|
| US Revenues: $2.6 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $7.8 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 105|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Interact to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Quarterly Social Events: Interact employees get together quarterly to relax and have fun, they do anything from nights out at video game arcades and escape room games to painting classes and ice hockey. All events and activities are chosen by employees themselves and arranged and funded by the company.
- Friday 'Happy Hours': We have happy hours on the last Friday of each month, where employees can relax and socialise at the end of the month with a drink. Both US offices also have a beer tap on-site for employees to have a relaxing drink together at the end of any work day.
- Flexible Working Hours: Employees are able to work around core working hours of 10am-4pm, so they can stagger their start and end times around those times to help out with traffic issues, childcare and other personal responsibilities.
- Employee Appreciation Day: We run an annual 'employee appreciation day' to thank our employees for all their hard work. These days include breakfast and lunch on the company, drinks after work, and in-office massages. Remote employees receive gift cards for breakfast/lunch on the company so they are able to take part and be rewarded too.
- Long Service Awards: Interact values commitment and so we give rewards at 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 years' service to recognise employees for hitting some key milestones. The awards range from cakes to all expenses paid vacations!
- Recognition Scheme: Interact run a peer-to-peer recognition scheme which links rewards and recognition to our company values. Employees can reward their peers for a job well done via our intranet - they award 'donuts' which can be redeemed for prizes, such as, wine, Amazon gift cards, and coffee machines.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 2% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $3,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Interact for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Candidates who demonstrate innovation, creativity, great adaptability to change, and a passion for technology are a great fit for Interact.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees can get the attention of Interact's hiring managers by showing a real passion for what they do during the interview stages. During the interviews, candidates should show their innovative side by giving solid examples of creative changes they have made to improve and deal with problems. Finally, candidates who show their flexibility when dealing with change and a real passion for wanting to contribute to Interact’s success will always get the attention of any of our hiring managers.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are particularly focused on hiring Sales professionals in the coming year. We specifically look for those with solid software sales experience who are looking to be a part of the success of a growing software company.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should visit our careers page to find out more about life at Interact, the benefits we offer, and the available jobs: https://www.interact-intranet.com/about/careers/
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 90% Job Growth|
| 2,235 Total job applicants|| 5% New hires by employee referrals|
| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|