What You Should Know
Whether it's to colleagues, the community or clients of this company specializing in employee-rewards programs, people at Inspirus love to give. Team members at this 123-year-old Fort Worth business describe it as appreciative and fun, with nearly all co-workers lauding the way it celebrates their accomplishments. “Inspirus is the first company I've worked for that I believe legitimately cares about me,” says one. “I've also never seen a company go out of its way to recognize little things like birthdays, anniversaries and even throw wedding and baby showers for people. One week I spent $0 on lunch because of all the hosted events that were going on.”
Examples include employee-organized cookouts, Wii bowling competitions and opportunities to cultivate veggies in a community garden. Groups of employees compete for extra days off during a week of team-building events each year with themes like “Project Funway” and “Survivor.” Day to day, co-workers also reward their peers for reflecting the company's values using a system of points redeemable for gift cards.
At the same time, employees also highlighted Inspirus' traditional benefits. These include fully paid healthcare premiums, as well as flexible work policies that led 93 percent of co-workers to say they're encouraged to balance their careers and personal lives. Even more employees (97 percent) say they feel good about the ways they give back to the community, contributions enhanced by two paid days off annually to volunteer. Says one team member, “I believe that this company makes a difference in the lives of others. Employees volunteer at charity organizations and support one another in times of need, and the platform that we've created helps to make work a better place for other companies as well.”
Some employees suggest they'd like to see the organization's notable generosity with benefits supplemented by higher wages. Among Inspirus' 125 co-workers, though, there's a widespread sense of unity and appreciation for the company's fun and philanthropic culture. In fact, 96 percent agree, “We're all in this together.” Adds one, “Walking around the office, you cannot see a fellow employee and not know their name, what position and team they're in, and you will always have a personal connection with them. To have a relationship with each employee here is a very special thing. We are more like a family.”
What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
There is a "family" or "team" feeling here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Inspirus, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We’re a high-character organization seeking to bring joy to work. We know employee engagement begins with the employee’s experience. We are passionate about helping our clients inspire their own employees and bring joy to work, one experience at a time.
About this Company
| Website: www.inspirus.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Fort Worth, Texas|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Fort Worth, Texas, Texas; Austin, Texas, Texas; Chicago, IL, Illinois; Zionsville, IN, Indiana; Chapel Hill, NC, North Carolina; Las Vegas, NV, Nevada; Richmond, VA, Virginia; Brooklyn, NY, New York|| US Employees: 115|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1893|
Perks and Programs
We asked Inspirus, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Rewards Program: Since 2007, Inspirus’ Rewards2Inspirus engagement platform has been providing opportunities for employees to earn points for demonstrating desired behaviors such as integrity, compassion, professionalism, service excellence, teamwork, respect for others, listening to clients and responding to their needs, and looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Rewards are valued from $25 to $200 per nomination, with unlimited nominations per year. The platform includes peer-to-peer nominations, spot awards, employee of the year recognition and health incentive programs.
- Health and Wellness: Inspirus has been paying 100% of employees’ medical insurance since 1997. In addition, our wellness program offers rewards for participation in programs such as onsite lunch-and-learn sessions about subjects like stress management, positive living, diet, exercise and nutrition. The wellness program also provides free biometric screenings and flu shots, walking challenges, Zumba classes, rewards for gym attendance and healthier snack options.
- Summer Hours and Dress Code: Inspirus works half-day Fridays during the summer months so employees can have extra time with their families. We enjoy a casual dress code year-round and stay cool wearing shorts and flip-flops during the hot Texas summers.
- Summer Team Building Week: Every summer, Inspirus hosts a full companywide team-building week in which top teams earn bonus PTO days. Teams compete in mental and physical challenges that encourage leadership and strategic thinking. These events help build new friendships and camaraderie. Themes have included “Greek Week,” “Project Funway,” “Summer School,” “Survivor” and “Camp Inspirus Week.” Events run the gamut from art projects to talent shows to water balloon competitions to foodie contests, featuring numerous catered meals. Team-Building Week is the highlight of our summer, bringing out the kid in each of us.
- Giving Back: Because we are dedicated to our community and believe joy can be found in serving others, Inspirus challenges employees to give back by offering them the equivalent of two days of paid leave to volunteer at a nonprofit of their choosing. Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, the American Heart Walk, Keep Fort Worth Beautiful Cowtown Cleanup, Carter Blood Care and Rivertree Academy private school for under-resourced students are just a few of their choices. Inspirus also provides extra perks throughout the year to celebrate and honor our employees, such as a $50 back-to-school shopping gift card for every school-age child, a $50 gift card per family for Thanksgiving food shopping and a $100 gift card to help with Christmas expenses.
- The Energy Bank: Inspirus offers a healthy snack and meal program in the break rooms, allowing employees to pick up healthy food items at no charge or make an optional donation to benefit our Christmas Angel Tree fund.
- Product Discounts and Sample Sales: Employees are allowed to purchase name-brand merchandise at cost and enjoy an annual holiday “garage (sample) sale” of overstocked and sample products from our warehouse at significant cost savings. Examples include handbags, luggage, jewelry and watches, small electronics and cameras.
- Open-Office Environment: Clients as well as employees benefit from our office’s welcoming, open, contemporary interior environment utilizing abundant light, fun décor and white-noise equipment. No closed doors means everyone, including our management team, is accessible, which boosts morale and communications across the organization.
- Leadership Training and Development: Training and development are priorities for all levels in the Inspirus organization, including the leadership team, which participates in monthly training days. We also host special training days for the 16 Inspirus employees who have volunteered to act as “first responders” to provide first aid, CPR or AED administration if needed in the workplace.
- Care Team: Our internal Care Team creates memorable monthly events to build camaraderie and team spirit among employees, such as employee appreciation breakfasts and lunches, company cookouts, Wii bowling competitions, costume days or the opportunity to play in the dirt in our community garden.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $31,161 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Hourly Production|| $77,790 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Salaried Professional|
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 6% of an employee's salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 2% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
- Fitness classes
- Free beverages during the day
- Discount ticket sales
- Weight watchers meetings
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 4 weeks Unpaid sabbatical after 3 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (35% use it)
- Phased retirement planning (1% use it)
- Telecommute option (20% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||39 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 24 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $18,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- 'Vice President Human Resources' is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
Great Place to Work® collected feedback from Inspirus, LLC employees via an anonymous survey. Following are common reasons employees said they appreciate their workplace.
"I think management works hard to make this a enjoyable place to work. Not every place cares if employees are happy, but I believe they do here."
"Our leadership team is always working on ways to let us blow off steam and build new connections with people we don't usually get to work with. When one team needs help, it's not uncommon for other teams to pitch in. When our technology team has a late-night release, we chip in and bring them late-night ice cream sundaes, snacks or dinner. When our presentation services department gets a large quantity of orders for a job, we go back and work the line with them to get the job out the door ahead of deadline."
"As a remote employee, Inspirus has been very accommodating to me. When my husband's job resulted in a cross-country move, Inspirus gave me the opportunity and flexibility to get my family settled in our new state and allowed me to keep my position within the organization."
"We have a team-building week during the summer. This is a fun week and people look forward to it all year. You get to interact with new people. Recognition: We truly practice what we preach. We recognize people for all sorts of accomplishments, whether they benefit the company or if they are personal."
"The people I work with are genuine, caring people who are there for each other and for the company. Teams here are tight-knit and feel like family and friends more than co-workers. We take care of each other professionally and personally."
"I think that this company is unique in that we embrace what we are, a provider of tools and services to recognize and engage employees. We use those tools on a daily basis and look for ways to highlight recognition and engagement. Additionally, at this company, it is not just about the company, but also serving each other and the community. I am able to participate regularly in activities supporting the community, such as delivering Meals on Wheels and assisting in building a house with Habitat for Humanity."
"Fun activities are scheduled by the CARE team throughout the year to not only have fun but let the employees know they are appreciated. This company allows flex time and two days per year for the purpose of community service. The CARE team is a group of employees who volunteer time to organize and facilitate activities throughout the year."
"What makes this place a great place to work is the collaborative nature of all the employees here. While we certainly enjoy each other, share similar values, we never shy away from a challenge, and nobody is too busy or too 'good' to help anyone with any type of problem. Everybody here has a 'roll up your sleeves'-type attitude."
"I am proud to work for a company that has become a technology leader in our industry and also is a great place to work. We have a team of positive, energetic, innovative, smart people that are also fun to be around. The company is always coming up with new, fun ways to show how much they appreciate us."
"We often do events that inspire teamwork among employees. We did a team-building week where we were assigned to teams with random employees throughout the company and built relationships with them when we would've otherwise not have interacted with them."
How to Get Hired
We asked Inspirus, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Inspirus is looking for individuals who share our core values: integrity, humility, professionalism, life integration and partnership. We focus on people who embrace the servant leadership model, as we are driven to provide excellence in service to our clients and our community, but more importantly, to each other. The employees who do best at Inspirus are passionate, innovative and entrepreneurial, have a desire to serve, and enjoy collaborating and being part of a team that knows how to work smart while having fun.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees who demonstrate an understanding of the power of employee engagement and the importance of a great work culture will enjoy conversations with our team and do well in interviews. After researching Inspirus, prospective employees should have a good understanding of our core values and how they line up with their own. We love people who are passionate, servant-minded, collaborative and creative.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We hire people who are excited about being a part of a company that is truly transforming the human capital management industry through user-centered design and collaboration. In the next year, we will continue to add talented technology and client success team members, passionate sales professionals and servant-minded customer service personnel.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We strongly encourage candidates to check out our website and familiarize themselves with what we do and why we do it. They should check us out on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to get a feel for our culture. Candidates who like what they see and think they would be a good fit are encouraged to visit our career page at inspirus.com/careers or contact our HR department at email@example.com or through LinkedIn.
| 18 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 6% Job Growth|
| 13 Average applicants per opening|| 292 Applications received|
| 22 Positions filled in past year|| 3% New hires by employee referrals|
| 7 New positions created|| 8 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 4 New graduates hired|
| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|