What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
We have special and unique benefits here.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked IMC (Chicago) to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
IMC is a technology-driven trading firm. We develop innovative technology and employ advanced trading strategies to make markets on more than 100 of the world’s best-regulated trading venues.
About this Company
| Website: www.imc.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60606|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois, 60606|| US Employees: 225|
| Employees Worldwide: 500|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1989|
Perks and Programs
We asked IMC (Chicago) to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: IMC matches dollar for dollar up to $1,000 per employee per year. In addition, we donate to causes in honor of employees’ efforts such as participating in a fundraiser or serving on a Board. In the last 12 months, we’ve match approximately $47,000 in donations from Chicago employees
- Having fun at work: IMC encourages celebration with fun office-wide events such as: concerts, summer BBQ with family, bowling, Cubs games, competitive Chase Corporate Challenge, annual holiday party, IMC sports teams, volunteering/partnering with local Chicago schools, and cross-team dinners…just to name a few! We also come together for the annual IMC Weekend Away — an all-expenses paid trip where you and your colleagues can hang out, bond, and celebrate the team’s hard work.
- Global Opportunities: At IMC, the world is your oyster. We have opportunities across the globe and believe that sharing knowledge across cultures gives us a competitive edge. We regularly send people overseas for short and long term assignments.
- Responsibility right away: No matter how new you are at IMC, you are given alot of responsibility. Graduates especially find that they have the ability to make an impact right away.
- Great working environment: Everything you need to be comfortable and do your best work is available at your fingertips - free breakfast, snacks, and lunch, massages on-site, games when you need down time, and best of all - extremely intelligent colleagues for collaboration and learning.
- The best of the best benefits: The well-being of our employees is paramount. Therefore we offer fully paid insurance for you and your dependents. Additionally, we offer a 4 month paid maternity leave, monthly stipend for gym memberships, as well as many other cutting edge perks.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 4 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 4 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 20 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|80 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||80 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|80 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||8 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|80 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||80 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,700,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $47,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked IMC (Chicago) for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We are looking for people who have a relentless drive to make things better and are passionate about success. We think we can teach you what you need to know to be successful here as long as you have the right attitude and a high level of aptitude.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We like to see a competitiveness and a desire to win for all of our roles.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking for top technical talent in various roles and with all levels of experience.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our website at www.imc.com and apply!