What Employees Say
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked Horizon Pharma plc to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Horizon Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, acquiring and commercializing medicines that address unmet medical needs.
About this Company
| Website: www.horizonpharma.com|| Industry: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals|
| US Headquarters: Lake Forest, Illinois|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Lake Forest, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois|| US Employees: 892|
| US Revenues: $757 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $757 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 892|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: HZNP|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked Horizon Pharma plc to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Fitness Membership: Horizon provides a $30 monthly subsidy for fitness membership. In addition, Horizon also has a relationship with several fitness gyms that offer a discounted membership to its employees.
- Massages: Horizon has a masseuse onsite several times a month and encourages employees to schedule appointments during work hours to de-stress.
- Barista: Horizon provides a free barista service on site in its cafe that is available to make employees caffeinated beverages of their choice.
- Game Room: Horizon has a game room on site and encourages its employees to de-stress by sitting in the massage chair, playing pinball, darts, pacman, a video game console, putting on the green, etc.
- Transportation: Horizon provides a shuttle service and Uber to/from the train station to the office.
- Prescriptions: Horizon employees have $0 out of pocket costs for all Horizon medicines.
- CSR: Horizon facilitates a multitude of opportunities for employees to volunteer and give back to their community. These opportunities include an annual corporate volunteer project, monthly donation drives, mentoring opportunities, and an employee donation matching program.
- Zip Car: Horizon has secured a Zip Car discount for its employees.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $66,372 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Administrative Assistant|| $81,088 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Territory Manager|
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 6% of an employee's salary||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 85% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Stock options to employees
- Restricted stock units to employees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Employee stock purchase plan
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Massage therapy
- Vehicle maintenance
- Free beverages during the day
- On-site package/mailing service
- Convenience store
- Dry cleaning
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 27 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (80% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|35 days Job-protected maternity leave|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $1,000,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $2,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Horizon Pharma plc for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Some of the characteristics we look for during the recruitment process is the ability to deal with ambiguity, results driven, flexibility and action oriented.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Do research on our organization and product line prior to having conversations with internal stakeholders
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Most of our upcoming activity will be in sales.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Our website is the best place to look at for company information and open positions.
| 30 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 28% Job Growth|
| 15 Average applicants per opening|| 6,900 Applications received|
| 320 Positions filled in past year|| 40% New hires by employee referrals|
| 244 New positions created|| 10 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 9 New graduates hired|
| 32% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 13% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|