What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
This is a physically safe place to work.
What They Do
We asked Hackensack Meridian Health to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care organization that is the most comprehensive and truly integrated health care network in New Jersey, offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research and life-enhancing care.
About this Company
| Website: www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Edison, New Jersey|| US Sites: 230|
| Major Locations: Hackensack, NJ; Neptune, NJ; Brick, NJ; Red Bank, NJ; Holmdel, NJ; Manahawkin, NJ, New Jersey|| US Employees: 20,613|
| US Revenues: $4,003.4 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $4,003.4 million|
| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|| Founded: 2016|
Perks and Programs
We asked Hackensack Meridian Health to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- HRO Training: We are committed to providing HRO (High Reliability Organization) training for every one of our team members so we can provide a consistently safe and exceptional human experience throughout our network. We also want to reach levels of quality and safety that are comparable to those of the best high-reliability organizations.
- Telehealth Services: We offer team members the option of receiving free medical consultations for non-urgent medical issues (flu, skin rash, etc.) with board-certified physicians via phone, web or mobile app 24/7.
- On-site Child Care: Legacy Meridian Health provides three on-site child care centers for children who are between the ages of six weeks and 12 years. The centers are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- CC Fund and WIN Fund: Legacy HackensackUMC's CC Fund (Colleague to Colleague) is a fund that was established by team members for team members, to assist those facing financial hardships. Legacy Meridian Health's WIN Fund (When in Need) is a similar resource that helps team members facing emergency difficulties. Funds are raised through the annual Team Member Campaign.
- ONE Voice Insight Community: An online insight community, ONE Voice, was created by Hackensack Meridian Health to give team members more unique opportunities to provide rapid, on-going feedback over time to gain confidential feedback from our professional, clinical and service teams through emailed surveys and polls.
- Elevate Great: Legacy Hackensack University Medical Center's online appreciation platform includes ecard distribution as well as award nominations. Team members can redeem ecard codes for points in their Elevate Great bank. Various points are also provided for different award levels, which give team members the opportunity to redeem points for gifts.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $89,013 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Registered Nurse|| $133,708 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Advanced Practice Nurse|
| 50% 403(b) match of employee's contribution, up to 4% of an employee's salary||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees (HackensackUMC, Legacy Meridian Hospitals Corporation, Meridian Health Resources, Meridian At Home, Meridian Practice Institute, Meridian Affiliated Foundations and Health Innovations Unlimited)|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (HackensackUMC, Legacy Meridian Hospitals Corporation, Meridian Health Resources, Meridian At Home, Meridian Practice Institute, Meridian Affiliated Foundations and Health Innovations Unlimited)|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 20 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $2,413 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- Take-home meals on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
- Weight watchers meetings
- Vehicle maintenance
- Personal travel service
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Massage therapy
- Fitness classes
- Convenience store
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 52 weeks Unpaid sabbatical|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (1% use it)
- Job sharing
- Telecommute option (1% use it)
- Compressed work weeks
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave||15 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$7,500 Adoption benefit||80 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Onsite child care (at all locations)
- Lactation room(s)
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Elder care resources
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Breast cancer screening
- Skin cancer screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Medical facilities (at some locations)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Speakers of English as a second language
- 6 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Hackensack Meridian Health for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Adaptability, attention to detail and quality, customer focus and being an agile learner.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Submit a resume that truly captures the applicant's experience while presenting a "full picture" for our recruiters.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
OR and ED nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, various fuunctional experts with strong project management and leadership experience.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our Careers web site at hackensackmeridianhealth.org and our social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flicker).
| 4,175 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 4% Job Growth|
| 27 Average applicants per opening|| 174,992 Applications received|
| 4,807 Positions filled in past year|| 18% New hires by employee referrals|
| 1,435 New positions created|| 1,774 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 272 New graduates hired|
| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 13% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|