What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I feel I make a difference here.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Grandcare Health Services to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
GrandCare Health Services provides in-home clinical Home Health services such as Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy. We also provide Caregiving services to help seniors with activities like dressing, bathing, personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping and companionship.
About this Company
| Website: www.grandcarehealth.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Pasadena, California, 91107|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: San Diego, California, 92108; Torrance, California, 90505|| US Employees: 249|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2003|
Perks and Programs
We asked Grandcare Health Services to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Unlimited Referral Bonus Program: We offer an unlimited referral bonus for all staff. We pay $500 for FT and $150 for Part Time and Per Diem.
- Low Cost Benefits for Employees: We offer a wonderful benefit program for our employees at a low employee share cost.
- Employee Perks Program: Our employee Perks program is an wonderful benefit for all employees. It provides discounts and coupons at local stores, movie tickets, restaurants, hotels and travel discounts and much more!
- Employee Financial Fitness Program: This program is for our FT staff. It provides classes in finances, tools to help calculate loans, helpful tips on buying a house or car, and low cost loans.
- Activities Committee Program: We have an active Employee Activities Committee. We encourage any employee to join our committee to help plan the yearly events.
- Monthly Town Hall Meetings: A monthly town hall meeting for all staff by our Chairman. He provides a snap shoot overview of how each location is doing, teachings are provided, events are listed and of course breakfast is served!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $65,520 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Licensed Vocational Nurse|| $86,900 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Client Relations|
| 10% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 17 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 7 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (75% use it)
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Free Coffee or Tea)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||69 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|30 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||60 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
- Bruce Edwards oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Grandcare Health Services for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for employees that have a passion for care giving, ones that truely believe that customer service goes hand and hand with care giving! Our staff must enjoy talking to the patients and family members and communicate well with the Office Staff. We are looking for an employee that is able to manage their time, work independantly, is detail oriented, good with documentaion and charting. They must also enjoy driving around from client to client.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show your passion for nursing! Ofcourse, it helps if you have previous home health experience, but we are open to train the right staff!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
RN-In Office Case Manager
RNs- Field Nurses- All locations
LVNs- All locations
CHHA (Certified Home Health Aide)- All locations
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
A good place to start is to visit our website and learn about Grandcare Health Services. Candidates can also call our HR Team. We are happy to discuss the open positions and answer questions or connect them to the right person to answer the question.
| 35 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 19% Job Growth|
| 36 Average applicants per opening|| 900 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 15 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 10% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|